Texas Fishing Forum

Fishfinder

Posted By: zachary00

Fishfinder - 03/13/09 01:44 AM

I finally have some money to work on my boat. I am debating on what to do for fish finders. I can afford to either get a decent ($150-$200) fish finder and put it by the console. I am looking at either an eagle 320 or lowrance x96. The other option is I can get two cheaper ($75-$100) such as an eagle cuda or piranha max fish finders and put one up front on the tm and one on the console. There is a third, but less desirable option. I have considered getting a hummingbird and getting an extra cradle, transducer, and power cable and putting it up front. Then unplugging it and moving it from one position to the other depending on where I am at. Which way should I go?
Posted By: BassCat307

Re: Fishfinder - 03/13/09 02:44 AM

I think having only one graph and moving it would be a pain but that depends on how much and too what extent you fish. If you fish alot of tournys I would put one in the front and back if you look on ebay you might find some good deals. I'm looking to replace my lowrance units with hummingbirds might try the side imaging thing. I always liked hummingbird they seem to be more user friendly.
Posted By: RclineTX

Re: Fishfinder - 03/13/09 02:59 AM

I have a Piranah 215 on the front of my boat... Works great..
Posted By: gander

Re: Fishfinder - 03/13/09 11:34 AM

Academy had the 320 on sale for 99.00 each.....watch your sale ads ....might be able to get the two you want and not kill your budget.....
Posted By: baitmonkey

Re: Fishfinder - 03/13/09 01:47 PM

get the eagle 480. It is less than 200 and you will like it better than the 320.
Posted By: bobberdown@live.com

Re: Fishfinder - 03/15/09 04:46 PM

watch flee bay and you can get 2 of those 480s within your budget.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum