Texas Fishing Forum

3X VS Summer Heat?

Posted By: JDJohnson

3X VS Summer Heat? - 03/23/03 01:48 PM

Has anyone tried the new 3x soft plastics?

We haven't got into high temps of the Texas summers and I already hAD trouble with them melting.

Has anyone else had this problem or did I have a chemical reaction with my scent?

Other wise they are pretty cool, they sure do float.

GOOD LUCK & TIGHT LINES!
Posted By: Rebbasser

Re: 3X VS Summer Heat? - 03/24/03 03:31 AM

My problem with the lizards is after I use them for a while they tend to get sticky and ball up to where they remind me of a gummie bear. Haven't tried anything else, although the floating worm,fluke, and craws are ready to go.

------------------
"The real genius is the guy who figured out how to get paid to go fishin'"
Posted By: JDJohnson

Re: 3X VS Summer Heat? - 03/24/03 02:29 PM

I find it hard to believe that redbasser and myself are the only ones on the forum that have tried the new 3x baits.
Posted By: jimin8r

Re: 3X VS Summer Heat? - 03/24/03 03:00 PM

I've got a couple of packs, and I haven't noticed any melting, they seem a little stickier after I use them for awhile, though. I keep mine in their package separately from other plastics. I know that when the two of them are stored together, they cause a chemical reaction and ruins both baits. Even if you use a box that previously held regular plastics, that could cause a problem.

James

------------------

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

A closed mouth gathers no feet.
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: 3X VS Summer Heat? - 03/24/03 03:40 PM

JD,
Try a search for 3X on here and you should find a thread about this already. If I remember correctly, they had a chemical reaction with KnB scent.
Hope this helps.
-Jeff
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: 3X VS Summer Heat? - 03/24/03 03:44 PM

JD, I "Bumped" up the post that I was referring to. It's in the Bass Fishing section.
-Jeff
Posted By: Bluedog

Re: 3X VS Summer Heat? - 03/24/03 07:42 PM

I have posted about them getting gummy and the tail sticking to the body on nearly every cast. I tossed mine and do not intend to try any more. Since I posted that, I find that if you put a special scent on them they will not stick. Also there is a special dye that will work on them as regular dye wont work. My reaction to this is that this is sold as a premium bait at premium prices and I expect it to work right out of the bag. I can buy more zooms for less money and have NO TROUBLE!!! Nuff said...mine are in the garbage and will stay there.

------------------
THE DOG
Posted By: K.D.

Re: 3X VS Summer Heat? - 03/24/03 07:58 PM

I'm in the same category as bluedog. Tried em and after a few times I decided they weren't worth the trouble.

There are other plastics, like Gene Larew, that also float and that was the main reason I was interested in them.

KD
Posted By: Skip

Re: 3X VS Summer Heat? - 03/24/03 07:58 PM

Well said Dog. I haven't tried any 3X soft plastic's yet. I pretty much stick to what work's for me. Skip
Posted By: Zaraspook

Re: 3X VS Summer Heat? - 03/24/03 09:07 PM

I've tried them and haven't had any problems. They CANNOT be mixed with regular plastics. We'll see how they hold up in the summer heat soon.

I just like the way they float. You don't get that from ordinary plastics

Z
Posted By: LINEMAN_20

Re: 3X VS Summer Heat? - 03/25/03 01:27 AM

I think the Zulu & the terminator are good, used a 3X lizard this weekend & it stuck to everything it touched- stumps limbs hands carpet...The terminators don't seem so sticky.
Posted By: David Lee

Re: 3X VS Summer Heat? - 03/25/03 01:41 AM

I just got back from Lake Arlington. I have been reading the posts about the 3X baits. I tried mine and did not care for them one bit. They are sticky, sticking to everything like said above. You would do the same with a gummi worm. The bass may like the flavor better. I will stick to ZOOM from now on.

------------------
David

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum