Texas Fishing Forum

Boat suggestions

Posted By: Phantom Fisherman

Boat suggestions - 05/23/08 01:53 PM

I am beginning my search for a new boat. Wife says we can get one next year when pick-up is paid for. I want to look over several makes and maybe do some test drives before buying. So what are ya'lls suggestions for a center console to be used for all-round freshwater fishing with a trip or two each year to fish the coastal bays and nearshore. I normally fish for hybrid stripers with occasional trips targeting bass/crappie. I am thinking of a 19'-20' boat with a 4-stroke or maybe a opti-max (no yamaha). What think ye?

Phantom Fisherman

Posted By: throwback

Re: Boat suggestions - 05/23/08 02:05 PM

I don't think you would go wrong with Kenner either the Vision or the VX. I own a 19VX with a 115 Optimax and it does all the things you mention you want one to do and more.
There are things to consider such as weight for towing. The VX series is lighter than the Vision due to it not having double hulls (saves gas the lighter the tow). The Optimax is really a fuel miser and for the price difference is a no brainer compared to a 4 stroke. We purchased our boat new fully equipped for less than $20,000.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum