Texas Fishing Forum

Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center

Posted By: Hooked on fishing

Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center - 02/02/24 10:56 PM

So I've heard a lot about this place but I have never been. Looks like a cool place to go to. Just found out they are closed until next spring for renovations. https://tpwd.texas.gov/spdest/visitorcenters/tffc/
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center - 02/02/24 11:09 PM

Well worth the trip.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center - 02/03/24 02:01 PM

Many years ago the TPWD in Athens TX had a 25 lb Black Bass in their aquarium named The Texas Star. She had been found in the Sabine River with another bass in her mouth, revived and put in the feeding tank for entertainment . Scuba divers feed her, 20 Stripers along with other Texas FW fish using 1 lb gold fish with the push fins trimmed .
Worth the trip !
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center - 02/03/24 02:16 PM

When I went, they had the 100 pound blue cat. And the divers fed it. Feeding a school of small blue cats was fun. All the displays are one of a kind and touring the tanks where bass are hatched was interesting.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center - 02/04/24 02:14 AM

A really great place. It will be exciting to go when they get it opened again.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center - 02/04/24 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by BillS2006
Well worth the trip.

thumb
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center - 02/05/24 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by BillS2006
When I went, they had the 100 pound blue cat. And the divers fed it. Feeding a school of small blue cats was fun. All the displays are one of a kind and touring the tanks where bass are hatched was interesting.

I took my daughter there when that big old blue cat was there. It weighed more than she did. I spent a whole lot of money at the feeding station of those little blue cats, she loved throwing them food.
Posted By: Fish Tackle & Marine

Re: Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center - 02/05/24 04:00 AM

If you're a fisherman in Texas its great place to visit!
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center - 02/05/24 03:23 PM

I was looking at trout stocking dates for the center earlier this year and noticed they had none listed.. took my sisters grandkids last year and they wanted to go again.. Its closed for a while to major renovations.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/spdest/visitorcenters/tffc/
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum