Texas Fishing Forum

Couldn't figure out how to pay for the ramp...

Posted By: Swyt

Couldn't figure out how to pay for the ramp... - 12/19/22 01:06 AM

Co-worker tells me Granger should be my first lake. I finally get my TX numbers on, was lengthy and difficult and wasn't as clean as I would have wanted. I was hoping to be there around 4pm and have about 1hr of time on the lake before sunset. I would have been happy just to get my boat on the water, than fish. I went to Taylor park first, for no real reason. There is a 4 lane (2 each way) at this booth, which seems to be closed but you can go around for free? I drove around the whole park looking for somewhere to pay. Left and tried to go to H. Fox but completely missed the turn and ended up going to Friendship park. This time it had a little 2 lane booth with a pay here sign. Seemed empty, didn't even see a door on it. Same thing. Think I'm just going to head home. On way home, it takes me past H. Fox and I figure why not check it out at this point. Similar to Taylor. Then officially headed home. Pretty much just took the boat for a 3hr drive.

Taylor park's ramp was super steep. I don't think my car would have made it up even without the boat & trailer.
Couldn't find anywhere to actually pay besides the "closed" booths.
No honor system like I was told before.
Was suggested they were free, but trying to google from my phone says otherwise. Warned of tickets.
All I ever seen was signs about buying activity pass online. Which sounds like I had to print it out and didn't have one in my car...

This was my first time alone. I've gone to 3-4 lake with a co-worker before, on their boat. I think every ramp they went to was honor system.
Lake Pflugerville is just "down the road" from me. So I wonder about this lake as well. I know you can't use your gas engine and have to use trolling motor... So I've been told.

TL;DR
How was I supposed to pay for the ramp when the booths seemed closed? 4pm Sunday?

Thanks,
Swyt
Posted By: jwcromer

Re: Couldn't figure out how to pay for the ramp... - 12/20/22 05:44 PM

go fish ,worry later
Posted By: Kat-man-do

Re: Couldn't figure out how to pay for the ramp... - 01/01/23 07:25 AM

If the entrance isn't blocked, you can go in and fish. Check on your way out to see if anyone is there. If they aren't manning it and don't have an honor box, but aren't locking it up, it's open as far as I am concerned.
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: Couldn't figure out how to pay for the ramp... - 01/02/23 04:48 AM

Wow man.
Posted By: romeroxl1200

Re: Couldn't figure out how to pay for the ramp... - 01/03/23 09:37 PM

Pay online even if someone was in the entrance booth...

Walter E Long is closer if you are in Hutto...you can pay at gate ticket machine .......much better fishing lake than Granger...just saying
Posted By: Grasshopperglock

Re: Couldn't figure out how to pay for the ramp... - 01/03/23 09:38 PM

You rarely hear a person mention Granger...
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Couldn't figure out how to pay for the ramp... - 01/03/23 11:27 PM

Play now, pay later. If its on the honor system you pay for what the fishing is worth. Zero fish, $0 and so on. Use your best judgement. roflmao
Posted By: Buchbass2

Re: Couldn't figure out how to pay for the ramp... - 01/12/23 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Topwater2
Play now, pay later. If its on the honor system you pay for what the fishing is worth. Zero fish, $0 and so on. Use your best judgement. roflmao

i did this at Jones Park on lake Travis some years ago as it was dark when I got there and went ahead and fished, I paid before I left but about three weeks later a judge called me and told me I had to pay a fine, I told him I paid before I left but he said I either had to show up in court or I could pay a fine of $100, I paid and have never been back.
Posted By: Kat-man-do

Re: Couldn't figure out how to pay for the ramp... - 01/24/23 02:49 AM

Pulled up to Inks Lake park one night and went to pay. The slot below the pay slot (actually just a hole in the wood) was stuffed full of money. No one took a ticket and they paid anyhow. It's weird how people will just leave money. I put it in the actual slot, no idea if it ever got worked out. I agree prepay and lake passes are the key.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum