Texas Fishing Forum

Conroe and surrounding lake levels

Posted By: GPenn

Conroe and surrounding lake levels - 10/28/22 08:48 PM

I'm new to Texas fishing came from deep western lakes. My question and concern is the water levels at Conroe, Somerville, Rayburn. I've been to all three and am very afraid of the trees barely under the water. What are your recommendations of areas to avoid how to navigate or any general advice you can give me concerning this problem. I was out on Conroe a couple days ago and idle around and kinda got stuck "high centered" on a couple of stumps, trees. I was able to get free but it sure is scary out there.....any help advice would be greatly appreciated.......thank you
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Conroe and surrounding lake levels - 10/30/22 06:27 PM

Conroe will stay around 2 feet low, the river authority controls it. There is a map that floats around of Conroe. Search here on TFF you may find it.

As to Somerville and Rayburn, one word, rain. I was on Rayburn this weekend, you can run it, but you better know where you are going. Somerville I don't know, only been a couple of times.
Posted By: GPenn

Re: Conroe and surrounding lake levels - 10/31/22 02:49 AM

I live in Tomball too....would love to meet up and chat with you.....I have a 2009 Ranger 188vx.....maybe we could do some fishing together.....I have seen a map that shows hazards and apparently where to boat around the hazards.......
Posted By: 6 mile

Re: Conroe and surrounding lake levels - 11/05/22 03:10 AM

Conroe south of 1097 bridge pretty open but north you need to know where you are going as said above there is a map one here just search it but even then until you feel comfortable and are sure of the routes I’d run with caution. Never been on Somerville so can’t say. Rayburn look up lance vick boat lanes and get the card even at full pool you will need it until you get familiar.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Conroe and surrounding lake levels - 11/06/22 04:21 PM

Go to Ken Smith Fishing on YouTube. He's a Rayburn guy and recently did a series of videos reference safe boat trails relating to the low water level.

https://www.youtube.com/user/KenSmithFishing
Posted By: ladybluearm

Re: Conroe and surrounding lake levels - 11/17/22 01:10 AM

Somerville is almost 6 foot low. Scary low!
Posted By: TXanalogkd

Re: Conroe and surrounding lake levels - 11/19/22 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by 6 mile
Conroe south of 1097 bridge pretty open but north you need to know where you are going as said above there is a map one here just search it but even then until you feel comfortable and are sure of the routes I’d run with caution. Never been on Somerville so can’t say. Rayburn look up lance vick boat lanes and get the card even at full pool you will need it until you get familiar.

^^^ with the lakes low, now is the time to learn to navigate them. This is the same for coastal fishing during low tides in the winter months.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum