Texas Fishing Forum

Morning or Evening - which is better?

Posted By: Osbornfishing

Morning or Evening - which is better? - 10/28/22 01:09 AM

At this time of year I typically have better luck in the afternoon and evening than in the morning. Do you find mornings or evenings better fishing at this time of year?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Morning or Evening - which is better? - 10/28/22 02:18 AM

Afternoon is better as the water temps come up a little, but the bugs are worse in the afternoon/evening. I like morning fishing, just because the traffic is lighter way early while pulling the boat. Boat traffic is light too.
Posted By: Whistlebritches

Re: Morning or Evening - which is better? - 10/28/22 02:58 AM

Morning and nights late spring through late summer........evenings fall through early spring.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Morning or Evening - which is better? - 10/28/22 11:17 AM

Barry...for me it's afternoon/evening hands down, especially on the lake I fish.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Morning or Evening - which is better? - 10/28/22 01:50 PM

Whenever I can get out. I don't care much about the time of day as long as it is not dark
Posted By: Kat-man-do

Re: Morning or Evening - which is better? - 10/28/22 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Whenever I can get out. I don't care much about the time of day as long as it is not dark

I catch more bass at night (catfish too).
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Morning or Evening - which is better? - 10/29/22 05:57 AM

With the exception of a few rare circumstances, I’ve never found it all that important to fish early morning or late evening. I can usually make them bite all day and in the case of crappie fishing on the lake the brighter the better. I have similar luck with most other fish species, daytime is usually fine. Two exceptions are walleye and flathead catfish, those two species are typically nocturnal feeders.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Morning or Evening - which is better? - 10/29/22 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Kat-man-do
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2

I catch more bass at night (catfish too).

Night is time to sleep for me LOL
Posted By: cajuncountryman

Re: Morning or Evening - which is better? - 10/31/22 01:59 PM

Daybreak for me. I know I'm not fishing used water that day.
Posted By: tightlines24

Re: Morning or Evening - which is better? - 11/04/22 06:06 PM

Definitely morning for me. Get on the lake, get a limit, get home, get them cleaned and put up, and still have 1/2 a day to get
chores and such done. Also, in the morning I find it much easier to slow down. In the afternoon, I fell rushed because I'm losing daylight.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum