Texas Fishing Forum

Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level

Posted By: wabash2015

Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 06/24/22 09:41 PM

Anyone around the Cleburne area fish this lake regularly? Is it normally this low?

Last weekend the water was slow low I could barely get my skeeter out of the launch point on the east side of the lake. Might be a good idea for the city (or whoever maintains the lake) to dredge out the launch some more.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 06/25/22 12:36 AM

Looks like it was over full pool back last Summer but has been falling since.

https://www.waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/individual/pat-cleburne
Posted By: 361V

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 06/26/22 12:33 PM

Pat Cleburne is getting close to 6’ below full pool. That’s real low for this tiny lake. I drive over the far upper end of the lake almost daily(US 67 to Glen Rose) and you could barely float a kayak up into the Nolan River now. There are 2 ramps on the east side of lake, both off Lakeshore Drive. The smaller one up closer to the dam goes out of play when the lake gets several feet low. You will tear up an axle backing off the end of that ramp. City usually cones it off when it gets this low. The ramp up further north on Lakeside Drive tucked in behind the golf course is still good with the lake way lower. This ramp also has a courtesy dock and better parking. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]This ramp is generally good until lake is lower:
[Linked Image]This ramp up closer to dam goes out of play early:
[Linked Image]

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 06/26/22 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by 361V
Pat Cleburne is getting close to 6’ below full pool. That’s real low for this tiny lake. I drive over the far upper end of the lake almost daily(US 67 to Glen Rose) and you could barely float a kayak up into the Nolan River now. There are 2 ramps on the east side of lake, both off Lakeshore Drive. The smaller one up closer to the dam goes out of play when the lake gets several feet low. You will tear up an axle backing off the end of that ramp. City usually cones it off when it gets this low. The ramp up further north on Lakeside Drive tucked in behind the golf course is still good with the lake way lower. This ramp also has a courtesy dock and better parking. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]This ramp is generally good until lake is lower:
[Linked Image]This ramp up closer to dam goes out of play early:
[Linked Image]

Just got back - the ramp near the golf course should probably be closed off in a couple of weeks. I could barely get my boat in and out of there. No clue how these guys with wake boats are doing it. The water dept from the ramp to the jetties is approximately 1.5 feet in it's deepest area. Ended up winching the boat onto the trailer to save the prop.

Shoutout to the gentlemen who assisted me (after I assisted him) with loading our boats on this ramp this morning.
Posted By: guntz67

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 06/26/22 10:13 PM

I live about a mile from ramp and will NOT be putting my boat in there anytime soon . seen to many breaking stuff Props, trailers etc when it gets this low

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 06/27/22 01:29 PM

When it gets this low where do you go? I'm up in Burleson, the closet lakes to me are either Benbrook (which is low) or Joe Pool (which is absolutely infested with jet skiers).
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 06/27/22 01:34 PM

go to Whitney
Posted By: redace1

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 06/27/22 03:49 PM

Sure would be nice for some water stuff to fall from the sky soon..
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 06/28/22 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by wabash2015
When it gets this low where do you go? I'm up in Burleson, the closet lakes to me are either Benbrook (which is low) or Joe Pool (which is absolutely infested with jet skiers).

Alvarado, Granbury, Whitney, Eagle Mountain, Arlington. Just pick a lake and go
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 06/28/22 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Alvarado, Granbury, Whitney, Eagle Mountain, Arlington. Just pick a lake and go

THIS^^^ and on Monday thru Thursday ...

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 06/28/22 02:15 AM

When it gets this low where do you go?
Hubbard Creek early tomorrow morning! 😎

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 06/30/22 01:36 PM

So I said the ramp by the golf course would be good for a little longer. Lake is dropping fast. Already over 1/2 a foot lower than just a few days ago! I wouldn’t plan on launching anywhere now. Nolan River is just about completely cut off from the main lake. [Linked Image]

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 07/01/22 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by 361V
So I said the ramp by the golf course would be good for a little longer. Lake is dropping fast. Already over 1/2 a foot lower than just a few days ago! I wouldn’t plan on launching anywhere now. Nolan River is just about completely cut off from the main lake. [Linked Image]

Yep, it's pretty much impossible to get in and out of there without damaging something.

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 07/02/22 03:54 AM

West side ramp today Friday 7/1. The city could go dredge this out so the ramp would be usable with less than full pool. Serious prop “wash out”! [Linked Image]
East side ramp down by the dam. Maybe walk a yak down to the lake: [Linked Image]
The east side ramp up by the golf course is still being used as of today 7/1. Several trailers in the lot with a couple dual axle trailers. If I was going to use it I would have a buddy to stand in the water and float my boat off but 4th of July weekend and it’s still being used…..for now.
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 07/06/22 06:49 PM

I was expecting to read something on here after the 4th of July fireworks at the lake... There had to have been a freak show at the ramp that night?!?!?!? LOL
Posted By: dmunsie

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 07/07/22 07:41 AM

Approaching record low lake levels. Crazy....

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 07/20/22 12:49 AM

All boat ramps closed now. East boat ramp will be closed on 7/21. frown
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 07/20/22 04:11 PM

More lakes will be closing soon if we don’t get a ton of rain soon.

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 07/21/22 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by dmunsie
All boat ramps closed now. East boat ramp will be closed on 7/21. frown

Not surprised, they should have closed it a couple weeks ago.

The kayakers would love it if the heat wasn't so bad!

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 07/25/22 07:44 PM

This poor lake is dropping fast. Hope it doesn't cause a fish kill.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 07/26/22 07:04 PM

This heat is no joke.
[Linked Image]

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 07/26/22 11:55 PM

Sad. I drive over the upper end almost daily. The Nolan River doesn’t even reach the lake anymore. Over 7-1/2’ low as of today! [Linked Image]

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 08/22/22 02:16 PM

Burleson is getting a good amount of rain. I hope Cleburne and the creeks that feed this lake fill it up!

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 08/23/22 10:50 AM

Driving through Cleburne yesterday(Monday) afternoon the creeks in town were all flooded. Hoping I’ll drive over upper Pat Cleburne(US67) this morning and see the Nolan actually flowing into the lake again.
Posted By: BassKicker74

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 08/23/22 12:35 PM

First pic was Sunday 8/21 and second was Monday 8/22
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 08/23/22 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by BassKicker74
First pic was Sunday 8/21 and second was Monday 8/22
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'm betting by the end of the week the lake will be up at least a couple of feet. Hopefully enough that the boat ramp on that side of the lake is usable again.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 08/24/22 09:28 PM

Godley didn't get hardly any rain. No water flowing down the Nolan. I doubt it comes up any more
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 08/25/22 12:26 AM

Cleburne is 7.78 as of today . Use Water Data for Texas for best up dates.

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 10/16/22 11:14 AM

Crazy how low the water is out there. frown

Re: Pat Cleburne Lake Water Level - 10/17/22 04:11 PM

Perfect opportunity for the city to dredge out and expand the main boat ramp so that the lake can be usable when it's low. Obviously this is super low, but that ramp is in such shallow water it's awful.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum