Texas Fishing Forum

Ulterra pro and con

Posted By: gborg

Ulterra pro and con - 06/22/22 12:14 PM

Feedback from stated Minn Kota troller. Other than regular maintenance, what minor or major breakdowns have ya'll experienced ? Where have you found repair with confidence ?
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Ulterra pro and con - 06/22/22 01:01 PM

Had one on my bay boat for almost 2 years before I sold the boat, never an issue. I have pins and plates in my spine so it was great for me as bending over can be challenging at times. Seriously considering putting one on my bass boat.
Posted By: forsanmedic

Re: Ulterra pro and con - 06/22/22 03:12 PM

I've been running one for about 3 years now. Keep it clean. Keep it lubed, and it works fine. Also, make sure you are getting good voltage to it, and you have a quality connector that wont wiggle loose. Look up Chad Furgeson's Catfish Edge videos on it. He runs one everyday and has lots of pointers on it.
Posted By: Vetbassman

Re: Ulterra pro and con - 06/22/22 11:17 PM

Mine has performed great. Had it serviced once in two years. I have to say I am selling mine on here to get a Garmin setup.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Ulterra pro and con - 06/23/22 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by forsanmedic
I've been running one for about 3 years now. Keep it clean. Keep it lubed, and it works fine. Also, make sure you are getting good voltage to it, and you have a quality connector that wont wiggle loose. Look up Chad Furgeson's Catfish Edge videos on it. He runs one everyday and has lots of pointers on it.

Good to know
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum