Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Wichita- Wichita Falls

Posted By: Hooked on fishing

Lake Wichita- Wichita Falls - 06/04/22 09:19 PM

Has anyone ever fished this lake located in Wichita Falls Texas?. What kinds of fish are in the lake that can be caught? Is the fishing any good at this lake?
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Lake Wichita- Wichita Falls - 06/05/22 03:07 AM

There are crappie, channel cat and sand bass in there. That being said you can actually walk across the lake if so inclined, I bet the average depth is around 4-6 ft. I have heard stories of LMB being caught there but never actually seen one. Golden algae killed the lake off several years back. Arrowhead and Kickapoo are much better options IMO.
Posted By: Ctbeason

Re: Lake Wichita- Wichita Falls - 06/05/22 07:09 AM

I fish there sometimes best place to fish is by the new pier they built or off of the bird sanctuary by the dog park. Catch a lot of channels and blues out there.
Posted By: SenkoSam

Re: Lake Wichita- Wichita Falls - 06/05/22 09:19 PM

Haven't fished that lake since I was stationed at Shepard AFB. I didn't know then what I know now and sonar hadn't been invented for freshwater anglers or I might have done better. There are many small ponds around the city and I did well catching fish on live bait. Good memories of good people and good fishing; awesome memory of a tornado that I saw move north of W.F. that did a lot of damage to homes in Burkburnett. That would have freaked me out if I was in my small boat and seen that!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum