Texas Fishing Forum

Colorado River - RV Camping Anywhere? (Central, Tx)

Posted By: powerliftingtexas

Colorado River - RV Camping Anywhere? (Central, Tx) - 05/17/22 11:37 AM

Does anyone know of anywhere I can park an RV and camp on the Colorado River around central, Texas?

The camper is a small 3-person tow behind? Also, I prefer primitive camping, that's free, with no-hook ups. We have a silent generator. But I'm willing to pay a small camping fee if the price / location is right:??

I'm having trouble locating Camping spots on the Colorado River. I was hoping I could Boondock at either Little or Big Webberville, or Fisherman's Park. But doesn't look like it?
Posted By: 1961Yaloo

Re: Colorado River - RV Camping Anywhere? (Central, Tx) - 05/18/22 02:44 PM

There is a State Park at Bend TX on the Colorado river. I am not sure their rules on campers. It is a nice place if you can get in.
Posted By: powerliftingtexas

Re: Colorado River - RV Camping Anywhere? (Central, Tx) - 05/19/22 02:31 AM

1961, Thanks very much for that information!!!

I just saved that spot in my spreadsheet, along with the link for booking and will defiantly be visiting this year, hopefully a few times!

Any other spots that you can think of on the Co. River? Or any Rivers or good Fishing lakes for that matter in Central Texas?
Posted By: LastCastPodcast

Re: Colorado River - RV Camping Anywhere? (Central, Tx) - 05/24/22 06:32 PM

LCRA has an RV park down at Matagorda on the CO, but maybe that doesn't count as Central Texas.
Posted By: Fish-ed

Re: Colorado River - RV Camping Anywhere? (Central, Tx) - 05/25/22 12:32 PM

Colorado Bend state park has some camping spots. I don't think they have hook up, not sure. It's north of Lake Travis.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum