Texas Fishing Forum

Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville

Posted By: jippedgenes

Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/02/22 09:28 PM

So evidently these folk were trying to use a regular 2 axle trailer for this big boat. Looked to me like the axles snapped. We watched as they drug is up the ramp a ways. The lower unit and the back left part of the boat were also dragging. We left, when we came back the trailer was all by it's lonesome. No truck with the tongue way up in the air. Only thing holding it on the ramp was friction from the broken axle and back of the boat I reckon, I did not see wheel chocks.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cellis

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/02/22 09:33 PM

Yikes eeks
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/02/22 10:51 PM

Entertaining if you ask me. Unless they were in your way !! smile
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/02/22 11:41 PM

Boats are just an accident waiting to happen. It's always something. I feel for these people. It's not really something you could foresee.
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/03/22 03:55 PM

If you want and entertaining Sunday... got to any boat ramp with a lawn chair and a cooler full of beer.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/03/22 07:17 PM

LOL @ Little Elm people
Posted By: Skeeter John

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/03/22 07:48 PM

Wish I could post a pic, but there was an old bass boat that flipped on Fayette on Good Friday. They drug it into Oak Thicket and flipped it back over on the ramp. What a mess!! Also, terrible sound to hear fiberglass crunching.
Posted By: Sassy_Basser

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/03/22 08:17 PM

This was at Tower Bay in Lewisville, not at Little Elm. I saw this boat there yesterday abandoned. I wasn't sure if it had happened earlier in the afternoon or on Sunday. That ramp is always crazy. They had to ban rentals launching out of there because of all the crazies.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/03/22 08:27 PM

i can see the roof i installed

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/04/22 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sassy_Basser
This was at Tower Bay in Lewisville, not at Little Elm. I saw this boat there yesterday abandoned. I wasn't sure if it had happened earlier in the afternoon or on Sunday. That ramp is always crazy. They had to ban rentals launching out of there because of all the crazies.

It was Sunday afternoon. I went by today and it was off the trailer and in the water tied up.

Here are the pics I took Monday.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/05/22 02:29 AM

A little retribution for the waves I fish thru there. thumb Nah, I don't wish that on anyone, even....them.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/05/22 01:11 PM

the biggest problem is the boat is way too big for the trailer
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/05/22 01:19 PM

BOAT: break out another thousand, for sure.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/05/22 02:06 PM

This reminds me of this...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/05/22 03:14 PM

Looking at the background of the picture, I had to go to google maps to take a look. Lots of building has happened since the last time I was able to use the Tower Bay ramp. That used to be my home lake ramp. Sneaky Petes looks to be still kick'n. Hows the wait staff there these days? (Notice I didn't ask about the food smile )
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/06/22 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Holzer
Looking at the background of the picture, I had to go to google maps to take a look. Lots of building has happened since the last time I was able to use the Tower Bay ramp. That used to be my home lake ramp. Sneaky Petes looks to be still kick'n. Hows the wait staff there these days? (Notice I didn't ask about the food smile )

Sneaky's is a dump. Place fell apart then the dock failed. No more lake access and same lousy music scene.
The new condos at Towerbay have ruined a nice little ramp area.

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/06/22 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
This reminds me of this...

[Linked Image]

Almost made me spit coffee all over my keyboard!

Agree fellas, this boat needed a much bigger 3 axle trailer.

I have not been to Sneaky Pete's in years. My buddy has a slip in Eagle Point so we cruise by the ramp on the way out to fish.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/07/22 11:48 AM

To me it looks like one of those deals where someone was told "if you'll come get this boat, you can have it "of course there is no trailer" they were probably tired of paying slip fees on it. The old boat would probably make a real neat restoration project.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/07/22 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
To me it looks like one of those deals where someone was told "if you'll come get this boat, you can have it "of course there is no trailer" they were probably tired of paying slip fees on it. The old boat would probably make a real neat restoration project.

Or it was in one of the boat houses and started sinking because the electricity turned off from the flood. It was full of water and wasn't coming out on a trailer anyway.
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/08/22 12:21 AM

I/Os are heavy from what I remember and mine was a V6.
Posted By: D1988

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/09/22 01:43 AM

The boat is twice the lenght of trailer. I think some of the time people must wake up and say lets see what stupid thing we can do today.

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/09/22 10:21 AM

It is sitting beached by the ramp now tied up. The city tagged it.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/10/22 02:05 AM

Definitely nowhere near enough trailer, for that boat.
Posted By: Sassy_Basser

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/10/22 02:39 PM

@jippedgenes Not anymore. It was removed Saturday
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/10/22 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
Originally Posted by Holzer

Sneaky's is a dump. Place fell apart then the dock failed. No more lake access and same lousy music scene.
The new condos at Towerbay have ruined a nice little ramp area.

Well that stinks to hear. Pete's used to be a pretty cool place.
Hung out there many of times after a full day on the water.

Re: Event I saw at ramp at Lewisville - 05/12/22 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sassy_Basser
@jippedgenes Not anymore. It was removed Saturday

Saw that Monday morning. Wondered when over the weekend they did it. I guess it was not the city.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum