Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing line

Posted By: pocove

Fishing line - 01/20/22 11:29 AM

Looking to switch all my reels to Braid. I only fish one lake (Limestone) that has off colored water most of the year and mainly fish with moving baits for whites and black bass. I would like to use the same lightest braided line as possible on all my reels.
I've been reading on line about different braids and getting many options, but would like any suggestions from other fisherman
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: Fishing line - 01/20/22 02:10 PM

I've seen 2 lb. test braid. Do you want to go that light? I've been using 6 on some of my light spinning rigs; I think it's J Braid but I'd need to look to confirm that. I like the J Braid, but I fly fish 99% of the time, so I'm probably not the best person to rate conventional line. Most of the conventional line I use is Power Pro, Sufix 832, or J Braid. I also like Fins Windtamer.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Fishing line - 01/20/22 02:31 PM

With white bass and moving baits I don't see any reason to go higher than 15lb. Power Pro is widely available and works well.

With black bass and moving baits--If there are lots of pads/vegetation to winch the fish out of, I'd go 30-40lb Power Pro. If it's mostly open water, then 20lb power pro.

With all that said, I think spooling up with 20lb power pro would be good in most situations for white and black bass.

Some moving baits, like an Alabama rig, you would want to use 50lb power pro.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Fishing line - 02/06/22 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
With white bass and moving baits I don't see any reason to go higher than 15lb. Power Pro is widely available and works well.

With black bass and moving baits--If there are lots of pads/vegetation to winch the fish out of, I'd go 30-40lb Power Pro. If it's mostly open water, then 20lb power pro.

With all that said, I think spooling up with 20lb power pro would be good in most situations for white and black bass.

Yep,
fish
` hooked
Posted By: bluebonnet2

Re: Fishing line - 02/07/22 11:17 AM

good morning,

Spiderwire.........camo..........ebay

good luck.
PURA VIDA,
bluebonnet2
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Fishing line - 02/07/22 09:28 PM

A lot of guys down here use Power Pro for fresh and salt fishing.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Fishing line - 02/07/22 10:13 PM

I just got 30# Seaguar braid and it’s the thinnest I’ve seen
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Fishing line - 02/25/22 01:38 AM

If you go with Power Pro be sure to get Super8Slick V2.
Posted By: n_fish

Re: Fishing line - 02/25/22 01:47 AM

Love the Smackdown braid and 2nd the Power Pro Slick.
Posted By: TxRanger1

Re: Fishing line - 03/10/22 07:18 PM

If you are fishing a moving bait like spinner bait, cramk bait jerk bait etc.... braid isnt a good idea. You need a little stretch to let the bait swim properly and to allow the fish to take it.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Fishing line - 03/10/22 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX

this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum