Texas Fishing Forum

BRAZOS AT HORSESHOE BEND

Posted By: sapalmer

BRAZOS AT HORSESHOE BEND - 10/26/21 12:47 PM

Renting a place out there next weekend to do some fishing. can anyone tell me how deep the water is normally in this area where the pin marker is?

Thanks

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RBDavis3591

Re: BRAZOS AT HORSESHOE BEND - 10/26/21 01:24 PM

You can use the Navionics Web App to get a general idea of depths.

Re: BRAZOS AT HORSESHOE BEND - 10/26/21 02:03 PM

thanks.
Posted By: Rhodes 520

Re: BRAZOS AT HORSESHOE BEND - 10/26/21 05:04 PM

On average it’s around three foot shallow. The bank across from Horseshoe is a couple of foot deeper real tight against the bank with a couple of deep holes scattered through there. The bottom of the bend in that picture has big boulders out of the water and a pretty good deep hole there as well. Are you bank fishing or will you have a boat ?

Re: BRAZOS AT HORSESHOE BEND - 10/26/21 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rhodes 520
On average it’s around three foot shallow. The bank across from Horseshoe is a couple of foot deeper real tight against the bank with a couple of deep holes scattered through there. The bottom of the bend in that picture has big boulders out of the water and a pretty good deep hole there as well. Are you bank fishing or will you have a boat ?

I might bring my kayak but will be bank fishing at night. The Pictures I have seen from the property shows the boulders directly across the river. Hoping there might be some flatheads hiding in there.
Posted By: Rhodes 520

Re: BRAZOS AT HORSESHOE BEND - 10/27/21 01:20 AM

There’s a few in that hole for sure. If you got a kayak and feel like making a trip, go up river from Horseshoe bend. There a couple of holes up river that boats can’t get to unless PK is letting water out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum