Texas Fishing Forum

Kid Run Business

Posted By: eaglecreekcustom

Kid Run Business - 10/05/21 07:55 PM

Hi, I am Chase and I am 12. I run and own Eagle Creek Custom Flies. Eagle Creek Custom Flies is a kid run and kid owned business. I tie quality flies in the USA. We are here for you when you need to gear up for another trip or you need a custom fly. What is a custom fly? It is a fly pattern or color you can't find. We have a custom fly motto, "You want it, we will tie it." eaglecreekcustom.com

Thank for your support and have fun fishing.
Chase

Attached picture IMG_2882.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_1254.JPG
Attached picture IMG_5565.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0929.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3135.jpg
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Kid Run Business - 10/05/21 08:02 PM

Welcome to the TFF fish

Side note: how long have you been tying?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Kid Run Business - 10/05/21 11:23 PM

Excellent. Thanks for sharing and Welcome to the forum. welcome

Re: Kid Run Business - 10/06/21 12:55 AM

I have been tying for 3 years. For the last 2 years I have tied 10+ per week.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Kid Run Business - 10/06/21 01:07 AM

That's great to hear coming frm today's youth. All the 12yr olds i know are glued to tv, games, or their phones. More power to you and I hope your buisness flourishes
Posted By: toofy

Re: Kid Run Business - 10/06/21 02:39 AM

Congratulations, this is awesome!
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Kid Run Business - 10/06/21 12:53 PM

Good looking flies. Need to put this information in the fly fishing section below. Pm me your cost for bead head prince's.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Kid Run Business - 10/07/21 02:35 PM

There was another youngster here on the TFF years ago that did the same thing. I believe Malik (May-Lick) was his name and Flies by Night was the name of his business. I could be wrong on the guys name. I think he ended up making enough to pay for college, or at least a good portion of it. I forget who his dad is but he is here on the TFF as well.

If you get a chance to find the Flies by Night guy, it would be worth your time in a phone call to pick his brain about providing this kind of service and doing it on the TFF. He may have some thoughts as to "what he wished he would have done" that may help you. Years ago Flies by Night had a lot of business on the whites, striper, hybrids pages (hint hint). You might find someone there who knows how to find him.

Good luck thumb
Posted By: Z71

Re: Kid Run Business - 10/07/21 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Holzer
There was another youngster here on the TFF years ago that did the same thing. I believe Malik (May-Lick) was his name and Flies by Night was the name of his business. I could be wrong on the guys name. I think he ended up making enough to pay for college, or at least a good portion of it. I forget who his dad is but he is here on the TFF as well.

If you get a chance to find the Flies by Night guy, it would be worth your time in a phone call to pick his brain about providing this kind of service and doing it on the TFF. He may have some thoughts as to "what he wished he would have done" that may help you. Years ago Flies by Night had a lot of business on the whites, striper, hybrids pages (hint hint). You might find someone there who knows how to find him.

Good luck thumb

Agree with Holzer

I used to buy from Malik but tie my own now. There is a demand for flies in the whites stripers hybrid section. [Linked Image]

Re: Kid Run Business - 10/08/21 08:50 PM

Thank all, will check him out
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Kid Run Business - 10/10/21 08:50 AM

welcome
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Kid Run Business - 10/12/21 05:46 PM

I do not fly fish, but I am excited to see you pursuing your passion and living the American dream by making some money from it. Kuddos to you young MAN and I wish you all the best!!
Posted By: ggoytia

Re: Kid Run Business - 10/18/21 01:50 AM

Best of luck to ya buddy.
Them flies look good.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum