Posted By: Rayzor

Lake Fairfield - 10/01/21 12:39 AM

Has anyone fished Fairfield lately?

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/03/21 10:45 PM

Oh well.
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/04/21 02:31 AM

Apparently not lol. From what I gather it's producing well as of late, but I don't have any firsthand experience
Posted By: thrashfish

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/04/21 02:27 PM

Our club fished it a couple of weeks ago and one guy caught 20 lbs plus both Saturday & Sunday throwing senkos in the grass.
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/04/21 03:17 PM

We fished 2wks ago. Caught most fish in 12ft of water on c-rig
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/04/21 03:17 PM

Fished Fairfield last May. The Lake and park was in great shape. Also caught plenty of very BIG Bluegill and Redear which I target. I also spoke with several anglers, who had a pretty good bass day. Plan on fishing Fairfield again. thumb

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/05/21 12:36 AM

Thanks to everyone.
Posted By: JWfish

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/05/21 11:17 PM

Bad and sad news. According to a WFAA news story, TPW won’t be operating it any more. It’s for sale as a private lake for 110 Million. You know what they say, “The rich get richer…”

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/06/21 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by JWfish
Bad and sad news. According to a WFAA news story, TPW won’t be operating it any more. It’s for sale as a private lake for 110 Million. You know what they say, “The rich get richer…”

I got about tree-fiddy.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/06/21 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by JWfish

Not necessarily true. It will depend on if the new owner wants to keep leasing the land for the state park
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/10/21 03:06 PM

Man I hope the park and the lake remain open.
Posted By: CADD

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/21/21 04:24 AM

IF anyone has the $110,000,000 you can have your own private lake!!! smile

Largest private lake in Texas is on sale for $110 million and it comes with a state park

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/21/21 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by CADD

Largest private lake in Texas is on sale for $110 million and it comes with a state park

Why are they calling it "private?" The only private lake in Texas, as far as I am concerned, is Lake McQueeney.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/22/21 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rayzor

Why are they calling it "private?" The only private lake in Texas, as far as I am concerned, is Lake McQueeney.

Because the lake and land around it is for sale. And the state park lease can be terminated.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/22/21 12:30 PM

Because who ever buys it owns it
Posted By: McFish51

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/22/21 02:53 PM

At what point does a body of water qualify as a "lake"? There must be a thousand or more private bodies of water in Texas under 100 acres. If Fairfield land is under 1 ownership, and the park is a lease that can be terminated, I guess that makes it private, whether current access is allowed or not. Same as a stock pond.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/22/21 03:01 PM

Because TXU ( Luminate) owns the land around the lake. You can't access the lake without going on private property. Same with Squaw Creek...Some guy in another state owns land around a lake and you can't access the lake because he owns the land. People are upset but he is not allowing anyone on his land.. I was hoping that the state of Texas would buy it.
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/22/21 04:42 PM

Well the State of Texas can do what Florida did to a developer who tried to control access to the best bass lake in the country. Florida three years ago just finished building a 15,000 acre trophy bass fishing lake next to the famed Stickmarsh. Only one road into Stickmarsh and the new lake. This lake was completely designed for fishing and was not just flooded. There is no place on this lake that was not designed with structure/vegetation etc in mind. A developer bought the property that Florida DNR had a lease for the existing ramps to Stickmarsh and the new ramps to be built for the new lake (Fellsmere) right beside it. The new property owner would not honor the lease which caught the State of Florida by surprise. Florida had millions invested in the construction of this new lake. Instead new owner was going to develop the property as a world class pay private fishing resort. The State of Florida controls the water shed which this lake eventually discharges into. So they told the developer they were going to put it off limits to motorized fishing and the courts said they could do that. So public access is now provided. I do not know if Texas can do that or not. But I do know they control any discharges from those lakes into the watershed. Also as far as Squaw Creek is concerned, the State of Texas definitely controls operating permits for that operating power plant. I would think they would have some leverage there as well. People need to get their local politicians involved. Just my opinion.

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/22/21 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B

Because the lake and land around it is for sale. And the state park lease can be terminated.

I hope my sarcasm was not lost in this.

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/29/21 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by McFish51
At what point does a body of water qualify as a "lake"? There must be a thousand or more private bodies of water in Texas under 100 acres. If Fairfield land is under 1 ownership, and the park is a lease that can be terminated, I guess that makes it private, whether current access is allowed or not. Same as a stock pond.

I have wondered this myself in the past. According to my internet searches, there appears to be no size criteria for a lake.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Lake Fairfield - 10/29/21 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by McFish51

I have wondered this myself in the past. According to my internet searches, there appears to be no size criteria for a lake.

Sabine Lake is a huge saltwater bay, so I would lake has a broad application.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum