Texas Fishing Forum

Jig Head Storage - How to?

Posted By: Holzer

Jig Head Storage - How to? - 07/23/21 06:02 PM

Just curious,
How do you store your jig heads?

I used to keep them in the plastic bags of those 3 ring binders. Years ago I moved them into a plastic plano box.
I now fish artificials' much more than I used to. And I have been reminded of the pain to pull one bag out for the plastic and then dig for a heavy box full of jig heads.
Seems like I may have moved the heads from the bags due to the hooks pushing through the plastic bag or getting tangled up a lot.

What's your method of managing your swimbait tackle?
Posted By: gborg

Re: Jig Head Storage - How to? - 07/24/21 12:21 PM

Water tight flat box with movable dividers and place no more than three jig heads per section. Magic mark size on section, nothing else stored is same. Have seen some anglers place sponge like material over each section as not to scuff or mar jigs.
Posted By: yankee817299

Re: Jig Head Storage - How to? - 07/24/21 02:59 PM

I got 2 different tackle boxes from this manufacturer, and I like them a lot. Keeps everything organized and untangled.

https://lakewoodproducts.com/
Posted By: SenkoSam

Re: Jig Head Storage - How to? - 07/28/21 09:44 AM

Not sure if you meant storing jigs while fishing or storage when not. In either case I use a plastic packing foam that's used for stuff that comes in the mail. For small jigs, I use a flat block of the stuff and use a razor or sharp knife to cut slits for the jig hooks:
[Linked Image]
I write on the lid of the box jig weights and hook size.
[Linked Image]

In my basement, I cut a bar of the foam and insert hooks into it such that they are parallel to one another.
[Linked Image]
This is then stored in a zip lock bag and hung on a pegboard with all my other jigs hung on pegboard hooks sorted by jig weight and hook size.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Both storage methods make it easier to find jigs and keep track of what to buy when low.

Tip: to store crankbaits and avoid the tangle of treble hooks as well as the inevitable finger hook sets, I cut the foam into small flat blocks, cut a slit halfway from one side, slide the hook shank to the middle of the slit and push the hooks points into the foam - one block per hook.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Jig Head Storage - How to? - 07/28/21 09:46 PM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum