Texas Fishing Forum

Canyon Lake

Posted By: TXanalogkd

Canyon Lake - 07/15/21 01:04 AM

Going to Canyon Lake with the family in a few weeks and it's been a very years. I know this lake is hard to fish during the summer but any bait recommendations for the kids.

I plan to take earth worms from the garden and perhaps buy minnow's in the area.
Posted By: CADD

Re: Canyon Lake - 07/15/21 12:51 PM

Those should both work well for perch etc. if you are in an area with fish in it.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Canyon Lake - 07/15/21 02:58 PM

Turkey Cove has some sunfish (Bluegill). Good for bank fishing. There is also a boat ramp there. There is a public dock by the Cranes Mill Park. There are sunfish there also. You have a chance catching some crappie there . There was a store just up from the park that sold minnows but I do not know if they are still open. You should do good with night crawlers. Walmart sells them. thumb
Posted By: CarlB

Re: Canyon Lake - 07/15/21 03:29 PM

I saw someone catch a decent size sunfish off the dock at Cranes Mill a week and a half ago.
Posted By: lrak

Re: Canyon Lake - 07/15/21 05:17 PM

Canyon lake has several fish attractors (brush piles etc).
You could target areas surrounding these artificial attractors to improve your chances.

http://fishing-app.gpsnauticalchart...anyon+boating+app#13.86/29.8705/-98.2363
Posted By: BCOU

Re: Canyon Lake - 07/16/21 03:28 AM

If you have a boat, go back up the creeks and look for water that isn't as clear as the main lake and you will get more bites.
Posted By: TXanalogkd

Re: Canyon Lake - 07/17/21 01:14 PM

Thanks for the replies. Canyon Lake is a beautiful place, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum