Texas Fishing Forum

Alvarado Lake

Posted By: Piper480

Alvarado Lake - 06/28/21 07:51 PM

Has anyone been to Alvarado Lake recently? I have a small boat that I want to take grandkids fishing on, and it is pretty close to Ft Worth, so convenient as well. Never been to to this lake, just wondering if maybe I should go on to Joe Pool or another area lake.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Alvarado Lake - 06/28/21 10:46 PM

No help on Alvarado, but DO NOT take a small boat to JP. The idiots will run you over.

I fished Cleburne for the first time ever yesterday, and it seemed like a nice easy lake to catch fish on and, aside from the 20+ bass boats in this little tourney, it wasn’t bad at all. I have heard Alvarado was similar.
Posted By: steve hummert

Re: Alvarado Lake - 06/29/21 12:03 AM

Alvarado is perfect for a small boat. Was there this morning and the water was murkier/muddier than last week.

Re: Alvarado Lake - 06/29/21 02:47 PM

Thanks for the replies. Is the fishing there normally pretty good, when the water has better clarity?
Posted By: badgrandad

Re: Alvarado Lake - 06/29/21 03:02 PM

Might try the State Park near Cleburn

Re: Alvarado Lake - 06/29/21 04:10 PM

Thanks Badgrandad. I didn't even know about that spot.
Posted By: steve hummert

Re: Alvarado Lake - 06/29/21 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Piper480
Thanks for the replies. Is the fishing there normally pretty good, when the water has better clarity?

What are you fishing for?

Lots of cattails and boat docks. Some decent bass fishing and good catfish’s good as well.

Cleburne State Park is an excellent choice for small boat fishing as well as is Meridian State Park
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum