Texas Fishing Forum

Transducer question...Switching from Lowrance to Garmin

Posted By: NitroUSAF

Transducer question...Switching from Lowrance to Garmin - 05/23/21 12:56 AM

Transducer Question
I am in the progress of upgrading from Lowrance HDS 9 (Gen 2) to a Garmin 106sv system.
My question is relates to is there a way I can use the Lowrance thru hull transducer with the new Garmin system. (like a cable adaptor or does the transducer only works with Lowrance)
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Transducer question...Switching from Lowrance to Garmin - 05/23/21 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by NitroUSAF
Transducer Question
I am in the progress of upgrading from Lowrance HDS 9 (Gen 2) to a Garmin 106sv system.
My question is relates to is there a way I can use the Lowrance thru hull transducer with the new Garmin system. (like a cable adaptor or does the transducer only works with Lowrance)

We all can wish,, but no, that’s not gonna work.
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: Transducer question...Switching from Lowrance to Garmin - 05/23/21 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
Transducer Question

ok thanks
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Transducer question...Switching from Lowrance to Garmin - 05/23/21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
Transducer Question

ok thanks

Manufacturers make sure you CAN"T. It would be nice if different industries would adopt the "USB" mentality.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum