Texas Fishing Forum

Trolling motor advice

Posted By: 67swede

Trolling motor advice - 05/21/21 03:04 PM

Somehow I got old, deploying and retrieving my trolling motor has become quite an effort. I’m not ready to stop fishing, so I’m looking for advice on the MOST dependable self deploying trolling motor available. The boat needs a 36 volt, 112 lb. thrust and 52” length. I have Solix sonar in the boat, but deployment dependability is more important than total boat interface. Thank You for any advice you can give.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Trolling motor advice - 05/21/21 03:40 PM

Only self deploying trolling motor on the market that I know of is the Ulterra. I had a spinal fusion a few years ago and trying to deploy and stow my Xi5 was starting to take a toll on me some days. Switched to the Ulterra about a year ago and have had zero issues with it. Wished I got one years ago.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Trolling motor advice - 05/21/21 06:57 PM

I believe the gas shock on the lowrance ghost helps assist in both stowing and deploying, probably easier to use than the ultrex. But obviously not self deploying...
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Trolling motor advice - 05/21/21 07:38 PM

MOST dependable self deploying trolling motor - I would say the ones that are deployed 100% of the time.
Engine mounted trolling motors

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gborg

Re: Trolling motor advice - 05/22/21 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Holzer
MOST dependable self deploying trolling motor - I would say the ones that are deployed 100% of the time.
Engine mounted trolling motors

[Linked Image]

Learn something new on a daily basis , Thx.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Trolling motor advice - 05/23/21 04:16 AM

The Garmin is not self deploying but it’s the easiest manually deployed I’ve ever used. It doesn’t really feel like you’re lifting it, it feels more like you’re guiding it, deploying or stowing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum