Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Greeson

Posted By: Rayzor

Lake Greeson - 04/14/21 11:22 PM

I know this is a stretch but, has anyone ever fished Lake Greeson in Arkansas? I am thinking about going there in August for a few days.
Posted By: Po Boy

Re: Lake Greeson - 04/15/21 02:10 PM

I spent a week there many years ago camping at the state park. Caught a lot of good size Bass in the upper end of the lake, in very shallow water, early and late. The bass were feeding on small frogs in just inches of water with their backs out of the water. We even saw a couple run completely out of the water and flop back in. This is the first time that I have told that story in many years due to the ridicule that I received. It was a true story believe it or not.

Re: Lake Greeson - 04/15/21 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Po Boy
I spent a week there many years ago camping at the state park. Caught a lot of good size Bass in the upper end of the lake, in very shallow water, early and late. The bass were feeding on small frogs in just inches of water with their backs out of the water. We even saw a couple run completely out of the water and flop back in. This is the first time that I have told that story in many years due to the ridicule that I received. It was a true story believe it or not.

Thanks and I believe you!
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Lake Greeson - 04/16/21 04:42 AM

Trout fished below and above the lake. Beautiful country.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Lake Greeson - 04/16/21 05:43 PM

Main lake used to have some good stripers in it but has been many years since I fished it. The control gates were modified bout 20 years ago to help support small mouths below the dam. Rainbow trout have been there for many, many years, stocked of course. Clear, deep water unless you go a ways upstream.

Re: Lake Greeson - 04/17/21 11:00 PM

Have booked 2 nights at Swaha Lodge & Marina in August. I love new lakes.
Posted By: BBF

Re: Lake Greeson - 06/10/21 02:01 PM

Its more of a crappie lake in theory but I went last summer and caught spots and blacks on every hump/point on the lake. Didn't seem to be very pressured. Beware the wake boats though.

Re: Lake Greeson - 06/10/21 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by BBF
Its more of a crappie lake in theory but I went last summer and caught spots and blacks on every hump/point on the lake. Didn't seem to be very pressured. Beware the wake boats though.

Thank you very much. We will do out best to snag some decent bass. Man, I just love the layout of this lake!
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Lake Greeson - 06/13/21 02:07 PM

I would consult J.P. for info. grin
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Lake Greeson - 06/13/21 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong

roflmao

Re: Lake Greeson - 06/13/21 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Originally Posted by hopalong

roflmao

Hey JP, we're going to your lake in August!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum