Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool Lake water

Posted By: yankee817299

Joe Pool Lake water - 04/11/21 03:21 PM

I have been pulling some fish out of Joe Pool and releasing them. I'm looking into taking a limit home for the deep fryer but am wondering on the cleanliness of the lake water. I know it feeds Mt. Creek which is bad water, but how clean is the water flowing through Joe Pool?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Joe Pool Lake water - 04/11/21 05:57 PM

I checked if any consumption bans were on Joe Pool. Nothing found. thumb

Side Note: Texas Parks & Wildlife has the consumption bans on Texas water bodies listed on their web page. Also you can check with county health agencies as well. eeks
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Joe Pool Lake water - 04/11/21 06:22 PM

Joe Pool Dam releases h2o into upper mountain creek which flows into Mountain Creek Lake but JP,how it`s constructed is fed by two feeder Creeks.Walnut Creek & lower Mountain Creek neither of which are contaminated nor have anything to do with Mountain Creek lake to my understanding. Maybe someone else with more knowledge will chime in but this was the info given me. coolio
Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: Joe Pool Lake water - 04/11/21 07:14 PM

I pulled up a crappie from JP that was smoking a cigarette, I threw it back.
Posted By: Big Hopper

Re: Joe Pool Lake water - 04/12/21 12:53 PM

I drink it every day here in Midlothian .... so .....
Posted By: SoonerDG

Re: Joe Pool Lake water - 04/12/21 04:02 PM

Nothing wrong with eating fish from JP. As said above water flows out of JP lake into Mountain Creek lake. MC is contaminated because of runoff from the old Naval Air station. But water doesn't flow back to JP from Mountain Creek.
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Joe Pool Lake water - 04/13/21 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by SoonerDG
Nothing wrong with eating fish from JP. As said above water flows out of JP lake into Mountain Creek lake. MC is contaminated because of runoff from the old Naval Air station. But water doesn't flow back to JP from Mountain Creek.

The listed cause of contamination is PCB's from power plant transformers dumped into the lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum