Texas Fishing Forum

Broken Bow lake

Posted By: DLALLDER

Broken Bow lake - 04/08/21 11:51 PM

Anyone able to give me some (any) information on Broken Bow lake? Ramps, best areas of lake and lodging. Thanks Daniel
Posted By: TTx

Re: Broken Bow lake - 04/09/21 01:39 PM

Beavers Bend Marina or Carson’s Creek Ramp. Fished a BFL out of Carson’s Creek ramp. Lodging, I don’t remember the name of the cabins, but we rented a small little one room cabin on Pinyon road. Tons of tiny cabin rentals there, but typically a bit more expensive seeing as tourism is their primary business there.
Posted By: SoonerDG

Re: Broken Bow lake - 04/09/21 08:10 PM

Yes tourism is their primary business and the lodging prices definitely reflect that. There are cabins available in Beaver's Bend state park for more reasonable rates but they're pretty rustic. I hear the Lakeview lodge is nice and I think there's a boat ramp right there. If you just want a room i think it's pretty reasonable price. As for boat ramps there are 8 on the lake. This video does a review of 6 of them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIKn-rrZuPA

My family has stayed at some cabins east of Broken Bow called River Bank Cabins. More reasonable than the ones closer to the lake (these are about 20 minutes away) and a super nice lady that runs them. They're way back on her property next to the river. Secluded would be an understatement.

Enjoy your trip.
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Broken Bow lake - 04/10/21 02:43 PM

Finding cabins is super easy...just Google search for Broken Bow Lake Cabins. My family and I go up there at least once and usually twice a year. Fishing is usually really good there. The spotted bass are often found in large schools feeding at the surface and they are very aggressive. We typically catch spots, LMB, smallmouth & occasionally a walleye. The walleye are the best fish I have ever eaten! Smallies are most often found around the islands on the lower end of the lake. I usually launch at the marina, but have used the other ramps as well. It's a very deep lake and water is usually very clear with 5-10' visibility. I'll be there next week.... can't wait!
Posted By: rockyp1017

Re: Broken Bow lake - 04/13/21 12:03 AM

I was there this weekend and would not use the Lakeview Lodge ramp even if it was the only one on the lake. Most of the ramps I found were single boat ramps with a jack-knife entry. Water temp was 62 deg. Crystal clear water. We only caught some sand bass and a single walleye.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum