Texas Fishing Forum

Navigating Lake Waco

Posted By: SFA81

Navigating Lake Waco - 03/28/21 11:51 PM

Hello TFF,

I'm needing information on navigating Lake Waco from the highway 6 bridge towards Hog Creek & the Middle Bosque. I'm looking for info regarding lake depth, underwater hazards, how the wind affects that area of the lake [& any other tips]. Thanks in advance!!

SFA 81
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Navigating Lake Waco - 03/29/21 02:43 AM

once u get about 300 yards past the bridge u need to be careful and stay in the channel. waco had so much timber years ago theres some logs that pop up in random places
Posted By: Fishin' Rocket

Re: Navigating Lake Waco - 03/29/21 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro xp
once u get about 300 yards past the bridge u need to be careful and stay in the channel. waco had so much timber years ago theres some logs that pop up in random places

Good info. There are still logs that seem to move around and pop up from time to time so Keep an eye out. That end of the lake is pretty shallow, flat, and tends to stay stained until you get up into the rivers. With a strong north wind it can get pretty rough.
Posted By: SFA81

Re: Navigating Lake Waco - 03/29/21 05:39 PM

Thanks to you both for the info. I sent you a PM as a follow up.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Navigating Lake Waco - 03/31/21 02:14 PM

Navionics.com will show everything .

Chart viewer.
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Navigating Lake Waco - 04/10/21 01:30 PM

like P920 said once you past twin bridges slow down and stay in the river channel. It twist and turns and the closer you get to the South Bosque it get shallow. If you going to Hog Creek be careful until you know that you are in the creek, lot of underwater stumps.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum