Texas Fishing Forum

How to park like an idiot...

Posted By: bassmanrudy

How to park like an idiot... - 03/06/21 03:35 PM

Oh look at me I own the boat ramp I'll park like a f&^% and take up all the spots...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ssmith

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/06/21 03:51 PM

looks like covid spacing.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/06/21 10:34 PM

Should have unlatched their trailers.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/07/21 12:37 AM

Far left truck did get a citation slip! "Taking up multiple parking spots". But they didn't give the middle guy one and he was still there lol. Maybe the handicap sticker saved him?!
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/07/21 01:19 AM

Looks like the Chevy guy started it.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/07/21 02:01 AM

Where was this? Rayburn?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/07/21 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Flip-n-go
Looks like the Chevy guy started it.

popcorn2
Posted By: D1988

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/07/21 04:13 AM

I saw those Rocket Scientist myself. We just out riding around today when I saw this myself. It was at PINES. This is just like when they back down the middle of a 2 lane boat ramp.
Posted By: Skeeter John

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/11/21 09:22 PM

Are there any lines for guidance? I wish all boat ramps had directional arrows pointing everyone in the same direction so a line can be formed. Otherwise it becomes a free for all. Don't get me started on "unload everything on the ramp guy" instead of unloading it when he was waiting prior to getting on the ramp. People are clueless, inconsiderate or both.
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/11/21 10:13 PM

Sometimes the less experienced participants are left to the parking & retrieval process, not really knowing or scared, causing a problem. Patience grasshopper.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/12/21 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Flip-n-go
Sometimes the less experienced participants are left to the parking & retrieval process, not really knowing or scared, causing a problem. Patience grasshopper.

A coworker once went fishing with me, and responded he could park the trailer when asked. He didn't volunteer that in spite of his affirmative answer, he had never moved a vehicle 20 feet with a trailer attached. At the end of the day, he informed me that a fender on the trailer was crinkled, having contacted a heavy bumper on a truck in the parking lot that he claimed was not damaged by the event. The other truck was gone, and I surely hope it wasn't damaged by the idiot who trashed my trailer fender.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/12/21 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Skeeter John
Are there any lines for guidance? I wish all boat ramps had directional arrows pointing everyone in the same direction so a line can be formed. Otherwise it becomes a free for all. Don't get me started on "unload everything on the ramp guy" instead of unloading it when he was waiting prior to getting on the ramp. People are clueless, inconsiderate or both.

I don't see any lines but maybe they are so light we can't see them in the pics? confused 3
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/12/21 09:10 PM

Don't ya just love the "on the ramp get ready" folks. Waiting in the dark about 20 boats back from there ramp, getting everything but the front strap unhooked and had a jack wagon try to pull around me to get one place closer to the ramp. Needless to say I stood in the middle of the road till my partner could pull the ride and boat up behind the rig in front of us and went back to getting everything ready. We launched, they pulled in behind us and backed down to the water and YEP you guessed it, they started getting their stuff out of the back of the truck and took their sweet time getting ready to launch. Didn't see where they parked, but I bet they messed up it up as well.
Posted By: Skeeter John

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/14/21 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Oldrabbit

Don't ya just love the "on the ramp get ready" folks. Waiting in the dark about 20 boats back from there ramp, getting everything but the front strap unhooked and had a jack wagon try to pull around me to get one place closer to the ramp. Needless to say I stood in the middle of the road till my partner could pull the ride and boat up behind the rig in front of us and went back to getting everything ready. We launched, they pulled in behind us and backed down to the water and YEP you guessed it, they started getting their stuff out of the back of the truck and took their sweet time getting ready to launch. Didn't see where they parked, but I bet they messed up it up as well.

I've seen a few fights come close to breaking out on the ramp when guys try to cut. not sure why they think their time is more important. Just wait your turn (and grumble like I do). if you are ready and think others are not, a simple polite question works 99% of the time.
Posted By: Chis D

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/18/21 07:42 PM

I also enjoy the person that prematurely pulls all the way up to spot just before the ramp and loads there, making it impossible for those that are ready to pass or swing to back down the ramp. They aren't doing it on the ramp, but it has the same effect.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/20/21 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Oldrabbit

I've seen a few fights come close to breaking out on the ramp when guys try to cut. not sure why they think their time is more important. Just wait your turn (and grumble like I do). if you are ready and think others are not, a simple polite question works 99% of the time.

The delay the morning this happened is a guy was putting in and his battery blew up when he tried to start his big motor. He was already off of the trailer and they tried for over a 1/2 hour to get his boat back on the trailer with the motor all the way down. Some folks in other boats opened the bleed screw and raised his motor to get it back on the trailer. We were stopped over 200 yards away from the ramp, they just wanted to move up 1 spot.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/22/21 10:06 PM

At least we can safely say that stupidity has no brand loyalty.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: How to park like an idiot... - 03/23/21 11:13 AM

Shoulda towed 'em or stood toe to toe with 'em....boatramping at its finest!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum