Texas Fishing Forum

Tommy Martin GPS Chip Choke Canyon

Posted By: VernonT

Tommy Martin GPS Chip Choke Canyon - 01/27/21 04:12 PM

I did a search for this and found an e-mail for brianmartin0902@gmail.com as well as the suggestion to send a text to Brian to 936-635-1374. I sent them both on Sunday and never received a reply. Any idea where I can buy this chip or if it is available? Any alternative chips y'all would recommend? Anyone use the ProFinder chip and would it help with navigation? I have never been on Choke and am going to be down there 2/12-17.

Thanks all!
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Chip Choke Canyon - 01/27/21 05:13 PM

Try Don Harper, he's on TFF. He sells GPS charts for Choke. I purchased one a couple of years ago and it worked well when the water levels we're up. Haven't been this year since the water level dropped 2-3 feet.

Doesn't have navigation, just fishing spots.
Posted By: VernonT

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Chip Choke Canyon - 01/27/21 06:15 PM

I certainly will TY
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Chip Choke Canyon - 01/27/21 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by F4Gator
Try Don Harper, he's on TFF. He sells GPS charts for Choke. I purchased one a couple of years ago and it worked well when the water levels we're up. Haven't been this year since the water level dropped 2-3 feet.

Mine are not for navigation. They are fishing hot spots.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Chip Choke Canyon - 01/28/21 02:04 AM

There isn’t a chart needed for Choke, if you see trees, you idle. If you don’t want to idle, then you punch a hole in your boat.

Good lord man, is everyone in America coming down here now??? The fishing isn’t that great, the guys catching them know something that most others don’t.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Chip Choke Canyon - 01/28/21 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
There isn’t a chart needed for Choke, if you see trees, you idle. If you don’t want to idle, then you punch a hole in your boat.

Good lord man, is everyone in America coming down here now??? The fishing isn’t that great, the guys catching them know something that most others don’t.

Come on man! (to quote someone we all know and love...NOT) The only grass we have around Travis is what they're smoking! Your lake is full of it!! Even if I never got a bite at least I'd feel better about being there! Hep me! (no, not a typo) Tell us what you're hiding! LOL!

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Chip Choke Canyon - 01/28/21 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by fivebites
Originally Posted by grout-scout

Come on man! (to quote someone we all know and love...NOT) The only grass we have around Travis is what they're smoking! Your lake is full of it!! Even if I never got a bite at least I'd feel better about being there! Hep me! (no, not a typo) Tell us what you're hiding! LOL!

The average guy right now would catch 4-5 fish per day. There is a trick to finding the bass and I don’t know what it is. I hear behind Huisache island is good.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Chip Choke Canyon - 01/28/21 02:43 AM

Hire a guide from the Dallas area lakes, they are all there.....makes total sense... hmmm
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Chip Choke Canyon - 01/29/21 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Hire a guide from the Dallas area lakes, they are all there.....makes total sense... hmmm

Dannie Golden travels south every year and has done this for a while. Guides got to make a living also but his last report he is catching 30-40 a day.

Guess he’s figured it out.

Re: Tommy Martin GPS Chip Choke Canyon - 01/29/21 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hook'em79
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

Dannie Golden travels south every year and has done this for a while. Guides got to make a living also but his last report he is catching 30-40 a day.

Guess he’s figured it out.

Is he the “get bit” guy on Facebook? If so, I haven’t seen any reports about what he’s been catching down there. Maybe he has another page???

Edit: do these guides typically have a regular repeat client base or how are they getting customers for down here?

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum