Anyone use an Aerated Bait Bucket? - 01/12/21 09:14 PM

If so, which do you prefer?
• Frabill?
• Cool Bubbles?
• Engel?
• Something Else?
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Anyone use an Aerated Bait Bucket? - 01/12/21 09:18 PM

We use the frabill insulated one for about 5-7 years now, never had an issue with keeping them alive and ready to go

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/frabill-425-gal-magnum-bucket-with-aerator#repChildCatid=4189118
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Anyone use an Aerated Bait Bucket? - 01/13/21 12:17 AM

I have the cool bubbles and an Engel. I prefer the Engel because when bouncing around in the boat water does not slosh out of the lid. They both work great though.

Academy sells a Magellan brand that is very nice and similar to the Engel and cheaper. I would check those out if I were you
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Anyone use an Aerated Bait Bucket? - 01/21/21 02:11 AM

I use the insulated Frabill for minnows, and occasionally bluegill. Works perfect.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Anyone use an Aerated Bait Bucket? - 01/21/21 03:10 AM

ENGLE,..with a 12V bubbler thumb
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Anyone use an Aerated Bait Bucket? - 01/21/21 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Blue Blazer 2400
I have the cool bubbles and an Engel. I prefer the Engel because when bouncing around in the boat water does not slosh out of the lid. They both work great though.

Academy sells a Magellan brand that is very nice and similar to the Engel and cheaper. I would check those out if I were you

I have the Magellan and it is just as good as the Engel at a much cheaper price. I added a Cool Bubbles to it and it works great. Highly recommended.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Anyone use an Aerated Bait Bucket? - 01/21/21 05:56 AM

ENGLE with Bubbler thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Anyone use an Aerated Bait Bucket? - 01/21/21 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Fishbonz
ENGLE with Bubbler thumb

Plus #1. thumb
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Anyone use an Aerated Bait Bucket? - 01/21/21 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Originally Posted by Fishbonz
ENGLE with Bubbler thumb

Plus #1. thumb
yep
Posted By: cellis

Re: Anyone use an Aerated Bait Bucket? - 01/21/21 03:23 PM

Engle
Posted By: fergy

Re: Anyone use an Aerated Bait Bucket? - 01/22/21 04:39 PM

I have an insulated Frabill that I have used for many years and it has served me well. It will let water slosh out in transport, but it does a good job of keeping minnows alive.

I bought a 19 qt Magellan at Academy last year and put an aerator on it for less than the small Engle costs and it does a great job. I do like the sealing lid and its easy to carry and load. I highly recommend it.
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Anyone use an Aerated Bait Bucket? - 01/22/21 10:41 PM

I bought one years ago from Basspro that runs off 2 D-cells. I don't remember the brand name, but it was a good investment. There's nothing worse than arriving at your fishing hole with a bucket of dead minners.
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: Anyone use an Aerated Bait Bucket? - 01/23/21 02:06 AM

I have two Frabills and one Engel, all with 2 D-cell bubblers. Not a great deal of difference with the buckets, but the Engel bubbler will go four or five trips on one pair of D cells, where the Frabill batteries are dead in one day! ??? I use Dollar Tree cheapie batteries, because I'm gonna chunk them at the end of a trip, but the Engel bubbler doesn't use them up. The bubblers look almost identical inside, but I get drastically different battery life. I've swapped the "stones" to see if that changed the results. No clue why the difference.

I use them for live shrimp. About half-way through the trip, I change out the water to get rid of the urine-laden water. That helps perk them up. IslandJim
Posted By: Goose2

Re: Anyone use an Aerated Bait Bucket? - 01/23/21 03:56 AM

I have a 30qt Magellan I’ve used for years. It’s done well with minnows, perch, mullet and shad. The shad are tricky to keep in a square non-filtered tank but i’ve been able to make it work. When I make a shad tank the magellan will continue with the other baits.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum