Texas Fishing Forum

Help decide

Posted By: Cypress Trout

Help decide - 10/27/20 08:09 PM

Hello all: I'm new to this so here it goes. Before i drop a lot of money on electronics and a spot lock trolling motor, i would appreciate input from all.. I have narrowed it down to Hummingbird, Ultrix, or Lowrance and Ghost Thanks guys and be safe on the water
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Help decide - 10/27/20 08:30 PM

Gonna be a Ford v. Chevy debate. Both are good so pick the one you're most familiar with.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Help decide - 10/27/20 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Gonna be a Ford v. Chevy debate. Both are good so pick the one you're most familiar with.

1+ in general. I like Lowrance. And welcome
Posted By: ibfish_n

Re: Help decide - 10/27/20 09:12 PM

If it matters, the lowrance/ghost can go either 24-36 volt with a simple configure change. One of my boats will only have room for 24v with over 90 plus lbs thats hauling the mail. just my .2 worth
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Help decide - 10/28/20 12:47 AM

Ghost paired with Lowrance has tons of memory. My choice.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Help decide - 10/28/20 04:44 PM

If you have ANY back issues , look into one that has auto deploy and stow. I wish I had spent the extra jack to get one. If I upgrade I will have that. My Terrova wears me out.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Help decide - 10/28/20 05:04 PM

I've had birds and Lowrance both. Lowrance seems a little more user friendly. But, my Ultrex won't pair with it to follow contours. Not sure if the Ghost does that or not. Love the Ultrex!
Posted By: SoonerDG

Re: Help decide - 11/02/20 11:18 PM

Something to keep in mind is if you only want the spot lock feature you don't have to get units that will pair together.
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Help decide - 11/02/20 11:48 PM

It gets down to preference of your units that you want to buy. I just went through the decision with the units and I went with Garmin and Livescope. I have a non linked ultrex and it works really well and saved me about $800+ when I bought it last year. If I had not already had the Ultrex I would have bought the Garmin trolling motor. I really like the ultrex and have no plans on changing out a $2000 trolling motor just to get one that gives me a few more features.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum