Texas Fishing Forum

Oops - How Long is a GoPro Waterproof in 30 Feet

Posted By: Osbornfishing

Oops - How Long is a GoPro Waterproof in 30 Feet - 10/26/20 04:26 PM

So I was finishing up a Plnor catfishing video and my anchor hung up. I was trying to get it free when a big gust of wind came up blowing my GoPro tripod over. It slid along the gunnel and went over the side. I grabbed the net and dove for it, but it was too late. The worst part, besides loosing a great video, was going home and telling my lovely wife that I lost our GoPro. roflmao Oh well at least it didn’t have any record catches on it. I bet it is not the only GoPro down there. bang
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Oops - How Long is a GoPro Waterproof in 30 Feet - 10/27/20 01:43 AM

Barry...I have come real close ...caught it on the way overboard in windy conditions...We need to figure out how to anchor down the tripod bang

Re: Oops - How Long is a GoPro Waterproof in 30 Feet - 10/27/20 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Barry...I have come real close ...caught it on the way overboard in windy conditions...We need to figure out how to anchor down the tripod bang

I will just strap the tripod to the cross beam next time. It was really weird how it went over. It was in the front middle of the boat and could probably have fallen 100 times without going over. I usually clamp it on the side, but wanted a shot from a little further away. The GoPro was acting up a little anyway, so I needed an upgrade. roflmao
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Oops - How Long is a GoPro Waterproof in 30 Feet - 10/31/20 01:42 PM

tie it to a pool noodle... noidea
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Oops - How Long is a GoPro Waterproof in 30 Feet - 10/31/20 08:43 PM

Fishin' and stuff on Youtube has a great floating caddy DIY for Go Pro's

Re: Oops - How Long is a GoPro Waterproof in 30 Feet - 11/01/20 03:12 AM

Yep, there is plenty of stuff that will keep it floating and I use it when I film underwater. In this case I had an external microphone plugged into the GoPro, since I was trying to get a wide shot. So when the GoPro hit the water it was toast. It was a Hero 6 and my new Hero 8 is on the way. I plan to repeat the video I was filming, if I can keep the catfish happy for a few more weeks. It should be entertaining.

Re: Oops - How Long is a GoPro Waterproof in 30 Feet - 11/12/20 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey

I picked up a new GoPro tripod at a garage sale for $3 lol. I used bungee cords to hold down the tripod. It worked really well.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jagg

Re: Oops - How Long is a GoPro Waterproof in 30 Feet - 11/12/20 07:29 PM

I’m considering doing the Jaws from GoPro with an extended line of loc-line that normally comes on their Jaws and Goosenecks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum