Texas Fishing Forum

Newb / Honey Spots

Posted By: soFISHticated

Newb / Honey Spots - 10/06/20 08:51 PM

Hi all! I hope that I did this right. I am new here to the site and new to the fishing scene. partyon I am looking for some honey holes around the DFW area. We've mainly been to Grapevine Lake, but it isn't always promising. My husband and I like to go when the sun goes down so, please let me know of any good night fishing spots. We are looking to catch monsters soon. My 1lb-ers aren't very fun to take pictures with. hooked grin

Thank you in advance.
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Newb / Honey Spots - 10/06/20 09:19 PM

If you have a boat, fish the dam on grapevine with a chatterbait or square bill at night. Or you looking for ponds?

Re: Newb / Honey Spots - 10/06/20 09:50 PM

Unfortunately we don't have a boat. We've just been bank and dock fishing. And we are looking for any place. Lakes, ponds. All the suggestions the better. Thank you for replying!
Posted By: rockyp1017

Re: Newb / Honey Spots - 10/08/20 02:09 PM

Welcome.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Newb / Honey Spots - 10/08/20 09:39 PM

welcome to the TFF!
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Newb / Honey Spots - 10/09/20 06:50 AM

welcome

Re: Newb / Honey Spots - 10/09/20 03:37 PM

Thank you! Enjoying reading all the info on here.

Re: Newb / Honey Spots - 10/09/20 03:37 PM

Thank you!

Re: Newb / Honey Spots - 10/09/20 03:38 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: Lmgreeri

Re: Newb / Honey Spots - 10/20/20 11:43 PM

Have you ever tried carp fishing??

You can catch them in most all decent size waters. You can catch them easier from the bank than from a boat. They are cheap and easy to bait/chum in in large numbers. They are easy to catch. Pound for pound they fight harder than just about any freshwater fish. You don't need expensive tackle or lots of it. And unlike almost all other species I fish for, I eat whatever bait is left over when fishing is done (I use peanut butter balls spiked with vanilla extract). Between carp, buffalo and the occasional catfish that will come to the chum you will be catching fish well up into the 20-30 lb range.

Give it a try, I think you'll have a blast! Feel free to DM me for any specific tips.... tight lines!! fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum