Texas Fishing Forum

CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY!

Posted By: TXGameHunters

CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/03/20 08:22 PM

Anyone else take advantage of the Walmart and Academy clearance sales this week???

First check the price on the scanners!!! At Walmart and Academy they are both taking 50% or more OFF of the clearances prices!

I think I made out ok!!!

Posted By: tmd11111

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/03/20 08:57 PM

Scored about a dozen KVD spinner baits for between $1.80 - $2.20. Everything else on the shelf was junk I dont need.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/03/20 10:47 PM

thumb
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/04/20 11:27 AM

thumb
Posted By: Cuervo Jones

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/04/20 12:46 PM

Got a buttload of KVD cranks, Zara spooks, some spinnerbaits,Ribbit Frogs, a ton of jigheads, hooks, swivels, line, a few reels ($6.00 a piece for some Shimano and Abu Garcia modes!!), a few rods ($7.50 for some Quantums) and some KVD popping perch for $1.50.
Insane sales that were showing up as even less at checkout. My wife was horrified when I came home with so many bags full of stuff until I showed her the receipt.
Not sure if they’re just doing overhaul like the lady at checkout told me or if it’s part of a bigger plan to reduce the footprint of fishing gear in favor of other stuff. Either way, I’m set for a few years now!!
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/04/20 08:32 PM

Spent $88 at Academy yesterday. Pair of $80 shoes was $25. I picked up a catfish rod at Walmart, regular $40, on sale for $21.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/06/20 02:56 PM

At my local Academy I found thunder crickets for $5 and some 1.5oz tungsten weights for $2.50!! They had a bunch of cranks marked down as well. Really small display but I am happy to find it!

Thanks for posting!
Posted By: Anthony Carson

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/07/20 12:02 PM

I’m always looking for an excuse to go to Academy, I guess I got one for today
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/07/20 04:15 PM

They have been out of stock on most of the items I wanted all year. Amazon is the new fishing store for me, not because I wanted it that way but because the stores are out of stock.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/07/20 05:09 PM

[u][/u]
Originally Posted by PKfishin
They have been out of stock on most of the items I wanted all year. Amazon is the new fishing store for me, not because I wanted it that way but because the stores are out of stock.

Same here. All of the Academies I have been to don't have anything to "clearance."
Posted By: z289sec

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/09/20 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by PKfishin

Same. They never have anything I'm looking for. If you're a bass fisherman, its the place to be. Catfish, and crappie, with live bait, staring at empty shelves.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/09/20 11:26 PM

I stopped at an Academy in north Houston this afternoon. The entire fishing section looked like they have been giving stuff away and not restocking. The pegs are bare.

This is the result of over dependency on China.
Posted By: john200

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/11/20 03:52 AM

They had skeet reese rods for $25 at waco Walmart. I picked up 5 falcon rods for $14 each
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/12/20 05:42 PM

I went to Academy to do a propane exchange and picked up some 1/32 oz Owner Blockhead jigs for fishing TRDs. The high price of $5 for 4 jig heads has kept me from trying them. It rang up for only $1.48 so I went back and cleared the peg and got 15 packages. They were not marked as on sale.
Posted By: MAC67STANG

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/12/20 07:33 PM

I hit the Walmart in Princeton this morning. I picked 43 lures and soft plastics for $47.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/14/20 02:31 AM

The Academy and Walmart stores around here never have anything left to clearance. bang
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/14/20 06:42 PM

I was either WAY late to the party or it varied a lot by store because I checked 2 walmarts in Arlington last week on Thursday and nothing was on clearance in the outdoor section.
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: CLEARANCE SALES AT WALMART AND ACADEMY! - 09/14/20 11:22 PM

I picked up a B n M Sam Heaton 10’ crappie jigging rod for $13.75. A $55 dollar rod. I didn’t really need another one but couldn’t pass it up for the price. Not much else there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum