Texas Fishing Forum

Fairfield Lake Water Level

Posted By: Rayzor

Fairfield Lake Water Level - 08/15/20 09:05 PM

Is there a website that tracks Fairfield's water level?

Re: Fairfield Lake Water Level - 08/16/20 02:34 PM

Wow. I must have stumped the panel.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Fairfield Lake Water Level - 08/16/20 03:10 PM

Have not seen one.. Looked myself before...
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Fairfield Lake Water Level - 08/16/20 06:33 PM

Might try calling the state park at Fairfield (903) 389-4514.

I can't find anything on line for Fairfield lake levels.

Re: Fairfield Lake Water Level - 08/16/20 11:03 PM

Thanks !!!

Re: Fairfield Lake Water Level - 08/18/20 10:59 PM

I called the park and spoke to a very nice person who said that there isn't anyone tracking the water level at Lake Fairfield. He said that the only new water the lake will be getting will be from Mother Nature. They will not be pumping any water from the river. He tried to make it sound like the lake's water level has been doing fine since the plant closed down. We all know that it takes a of water by Mother Nature to replace the amount lost to dehydration.

We'll see.
Posted By: __TX__

Re: Fairfield Lake Water Level - 08/18/20 11:09 PM

one of these days i am going to head down there. i have fond memories of going there in the late 80s with my family. i remember catching some nice bass in there. if its terrible, I can head to Richland Chambers.
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Fairfield Lake Water Level - 08/19/20 01:00 PM

TRADINGHOUSE LAKE is the same way, the only water that it gets is from Mother Nature. The only problem it has is that they say the dam is to old so they kept way down. Last year they dropped it 4 feet in one day. If you go to Fairfield please give us a report on it's level and how was the fishing.
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Fairfield Lake Water Level - 08/19/20 02:48 PM

I fished Fairfield the first ten years of it's life. The water level can come up three feet with a good drenching rain and get real red muddy. Saw that just about every year in the early spring. Now with no plant using water, maybe the spring rises will keep it full. We can only hope.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Fairfield Lake Water Level - 08/19/20 06:44 PM

Water Data for Texas is a very good resource , but does not have Fairfield ,, frown

MO
Posted By: structure man(Guide on RC)

Re: Fairfield Lake Water Level - 08/19/20 07:33 PM

Just left there from a trip, the level is good, the lake is clear and 85 degrees. Fishing for bass was fair to good up until around 10 AM when the sun got bright and no wind.

Re: Fairfield Lake Water Level - 08/19/20 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by structure man(Guide on RC)
Just left there from a trip, the level is good, the lake is clear and 85 degrees. Fishing for bass was fair to good up until around 10 AM when the sun got bright and no wind.

Yes, the water has looked very good. I saw water temps up to 87 degrees last weekend. I wish it was about 2 feet higher. Fishing has been decent for size but no numbers. I have been quitting around noon.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Fairfield Lake Water Level - 08/22/20 02:34 PM

The level is 2 foot low from the original full level. But the current level is the new normal lake level going forward with out the power plant use.

Re: Fairfield Lake Water Level - 08/22/20 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by pop r
The level is 2 foot low from the original full level. But the current level is the new normal lake level going forward with out the power plant use.

If we are going to get rain next week, I hope some it will help Fairfield. I know they cost money to purchase, install and operate, but I sure wish there were aerators in there. There is no circulation and no creeks to give this lake oxygen.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum