Texas Fishing Forum

Wisconsin Pike

Posted By: gdr_11

Wisconsin Pike - 07/28/20 05:20 PM

With all of the hot weather and water temps here, thought I would share this photo [Linked Image]
of my grandson and the two pike he caught this morning in Wisconsin.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Wisconsin Pike - 07/28/20 06:57 PM

Went up there a few years back. Must have caught 50 pike in the local reservoir. Guide could not believe I wanted to fish for pike. He thought I was after Walleye.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Wisconsin Pike - 07/30/20 03:32 AM

Nice fish. thumb
Posted By: 361V

Re: Wisconsin Pike - 07/30/20 12:15 PM

Did a Canada trip w/some buddies. Everyone wanted to fish for Walleye all day. Back trolling with little jigs tipped with a minnow or leach. All I wanted to do was fish for Northern Pike. Big fun casting the shallows with your normal bass rig. Aggressive fish for sure. Nothing like seeing that big wake rushing up behind your spinnerbait or buzzbait!
Posted By: cwil

Re: Wisconsin Pike - 08/03/20 05:48 AM

Slough Snakes

Nice catch!
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Wisconsin Pike - 08/03/20 11:32 AM

Nice fish. I hear that they a good eating if you can work around the bones. I am with you guys that would fish for pike vs a 2 pound walleye.
Posted By: gdr_11

Re: Wisconsin Pike - 08/07/20 06:02 PM

Yeah, I had a similar experience when I went to Northern Minnesota....I wanted to catch pike and everyone called them trash fish. Nothing but stupid walleye addicts. I ate walleye and it did nothing for me; I will take a crappie of channel cat any day. My grandson, who is in the pic, loves pike fishing. He uses spinnerbaits exclusively and says they murder those. Hope to visit him soon and maybe chase a muskie or two as well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum