PK Drowning

Posted By: butch sanders

PK Drowning - 07/13/20 11:58 PM

Anybody hear about this
Last week
2 drown & 1 makes it out
Posted By: SandyChaser

Re: PK Drowning - 07/14/20 12:31 AM

WFAA reporting today that the 2 teens "went overboard" while fishing below the PK dam on the Brazos. As usual, the details are few and I cannot tell if they were really in a boat or bank fishing.
Posted By: McKinneyLonghorn

Re: PK Drowning - 07/14/20 02:29 AM

A report I saw over the weekend said they were wading and went into the restricted zone and got caught in the current. But other than that there were no details so who knows if that is what actually happened. I do know those rocks below the dam are very slick so slipping and falling (and hurting yourself in the process) is very believable.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: PK Drowning - 07/14/20 02:49 AM

Sad news ! Prayers for the families and friends of the victims. The Lord Jesus Christ has control. angel2
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: PK Drowning - 07/14/20 03:00 PM

What I heard was they went into the restricted area and fell in. The BRA was releasing water with one floater, so there was some current. People always take risks every year fishing below that dam. I've done it before and it can end poorly. I've fished below PK, Bull Shoals, Beaver, Keystone, Eufaula, fort Gobson and Texoma. You can catch a lot of fish at times but you can die easily if the current gets you.

Don't fish when it's doing this
[Linked Image]

I've watched people put Kayaks in when the flow was so great lead would not sink
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cellis

Re: PK Drowning - 07/14/20 07:32 PM

Sad to hear about it.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: PK Drowning - 07/14/20 11:14 PM

So sorry this happened. Prayers sent to family and friends.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum