Texas Fishing Forum

Which would you put at console and bow?

Posted By: fishrdude

Which would you put at console and bow? - 07/05/20 07:37 PM

I have a bird 998 c and a bird 798 hd c. I like the picture better on the 798 but i like the size of the screen better on the 998. Looking for ideas on which would you put on the trolling motor and which on the console and why.

Thanks.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Which would you put at console and bow? - 07/05/20 08:02 PM

Put the larger at the console. At the console, there are multiple views you want together (such as map + sonar), so the bigger screen helps each "sub-screen" have better size. Up front, you don't tend to want a lot of simultaneous views, so the smaller screen with good detail seems like a fit for sonar while you are fishing.
Posted By: popcork

Re: Which would you put at console and bow? - 07/15/20 03:57 PM

If you are wanting to save some money use a swing mount on the side of your console and mount the larger graph there. That way you can mount the smaller 700 series on the front. You can swing the 900 around on side scan/map while keeping the front on 2-D. Also you can mount the transducer to the 700 on the trolling motor if it already does not have one.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Which would you put at console and bow? - 07/24/20 09:54 PM

one bow, one console, and a booster seat at the console.

grin

[Linked Image]

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/518935
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Which would you put at console and bow? - 07/24/20 11:50 PM

Depends on your eyesight. I prefer the large one at the console for multiple screens but you will be standing at the bow and it will be the unit furthest from your eyes. If you have bad eyesight then sometimes you need the large one at the bow for that reason.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum