Texas Fishing Forum

West Fort Worth Fishing

Posted By: Brew931

West Fort Worth Fishing - 06/27/20 05:15 PM

I am desperately looking for advice from anyone on the best bodies of water to fish in West Fort Worth. I have a small 16' aluminum fishing boat and just moved in the area. I really have a passion for crappie fishing and have tried Lake Weatherford a few times with little luck. If anyone would be willing to provide tips or point me in the right direction for crappie & largemouth fishing around Weatherford, I would greatly appreciate it.
Posted By: Fishin'Mark

Re: West Fort Worth Fishing - 06/27/20 06:32 PM

I'd give Mineral Wells a try. I've kayak fished that lake many times. The bass fishing isn't crazy, but the ony time I've failed to catch fish there was after the lake level rose 10 feet in a week a few years ago. I don't crappie fish, but have heard from several that it is a decent crappie lake.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: West Fort Worth Fishing - 06/27/20 06:39 PM

You might try lake worth. It has some keeper crappie and bass.
Posted By: Brock Landers

Re: West Fort Worth Fishing - 06/27/20 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
You might try lake worth. It has some keeper crappie and bass.

Not sure if I would eat any fish caught in Lake Worth.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: West Fort Worth Fishing - 06/28/20 12:45 AM

marine creek
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: West Fort Worth Fishing - 06/28/20 01:43 PM

Eagle Mountain
Posted By: Ranger 177

Re: West Fort Worth Fishing - 06/28/20 06:35 PM

Benbrook is a sleeper
Posted By: spazm09

Re: West Fort Worth Fishing - 06/30/20 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Fishin'Mark
I'd give Mineral Wells a try. I've kayak fished that lake many times. The bass fishing isn't crazy, but the ony time I've failed to catch fish there was after the lake level rose 10 feet in a week a few years ago. I don't crappie fish, but have heard from several that it is a decent crappie lake.

+1 for Mineral Wells.

Never been there before but just went out there this past weekend and got into some good crappie. Fished the pier by the screened shelters saturday night. We hung a lantern over the edge just above the water and had a school of thousands of shad within an hour. Burned through 3 dozen minnows pretty quick then kept catchin them on jigs. They slowed down a good bit by 2am but left them still biting. We probably caught 50 between the 2 of us. Kept 17.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: West Fort Worth Fishing - 06/30/20 02:18 PM

marine creek is nice little lake if you fish the north main point you will see crappie guys pulling out loads of crappie. I watch a two man boat pull in like 20 crappie in less then 30 mins while I was fishing for bass near them. Not sure if they were using minnow or jigs. But I swear they would barely get the line in the water and be pulling up a crappie.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum