Texas Fishing Forum

Small Texas Lakes

Posted By: Rayzor

Small Texas Lakes - 06/27/20 01:04 AM

Sometimes I like to go to Google maps and just scan Texas. There sure are a lot of small lakes in this state.

Anyone ever been to Wilson Lake or Coon Creek Lake off of FM 1106 south of Athens? Both of them have multiple boat sheds on the water.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Small Texas Lakes - 06/27/20 01:15 AM

There's a bunch of nice smaller lakes here in East Texas. Unfortunately the large majority of them are private and far too expensive to become a "share holder". Either that or you have to know someone who is a "share holder" or sits on their board of directors to even get an invite to become a member.
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Small Texas Lakes - 06/27/20 01:30 AM

GTrigg I was going to post the same thing! lol Most of those small lakes are not lakes many can fish lol
Posted By: 9094

Re: Small Texas Lakes - 06/29/20 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rayzor
Sometimes I like to go to Google maps and just scan Texas. There sure are a lot of small lakes in this state.

Anyone ever been to Wilson Lake or Coon Creek Lake off of FM 1106 south of Athens? Both of them have multiple boat sheds on the water.

Coon Creek is a very exclusive private lake. Country club style
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Small Texas Lakes - 06/29/20 03:21 PM

Yep, my brother was the biologist/lake manager for Coon Creek for years and HE didn't get to really fish it! Until his company got bought out he managed quite a few of the very high end private lakes in E Texas for many years. He called my one time to ask if I wanted to go with him to do some electro shocking on one of the best lakes he managed on a Tuesday night. I had seen pictures of tons of big fish that his clients had caught out of it and I snapped back, "heck yeah, what are they biting?" He said, "we ain't fishing...we're shocking tonight". I kind of giggled and drove nearly 3 hours that afternoon to the lake in E. Texas. As soon as I got there I started unloading my stuff out of my truck. Brother says, "What are you doing"? Me: " Getting my stuff." Brother, "I TOLD YOU. We are NOT fishing!" He gave me the "look" that our dad might have given us when we were kids. Dang...no fishing. LOL! We shocked up some incredible bass that night though.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Small Texas Lakes - 06/29/20 03:56 PM

Been very fortunate to fish there a few times, but not since their most recent expansion (the club somewhat recently purchased some adjoining/neighboring land and lakes)

Very well managed property.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum