Texas Fishing Forum

Marine Creek Reservoir??? Advice

Posted By: Eagleyebailey

Marine Creek Reservoir??? Advice - 06/14/20 01:38 PM

Hello, I live about 15 minutes from Marine Creek Reservoir. I’ve got a 12 ft Jon boat with a 4hp old mercury mariner outboard. Taken my 4 year old son here a couple times but haven’t caught more than 1-2 perch and a few catfish. One time I caught a small 1/2 pound LMB. Anyone have any advice on how to fish this lake? I’m new to bass fishing so any ideas would be much appreciated! From Colorado so I’m mostly used to fishing for trout with spinners, powerbait, and live bait. Really trying to instill the love of fishing in my son. Are there any other ponds in the Keller, TX area that are better for fishing?
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Marine Creek Reservoir??? Advice - 06/14/20 02:07 PM

Any neighborhood pond will have fish in it. Marine Creek- Black and blue stick bait, wackly style anywhere around westside shore line.Early morning and evening.
Posted By: cwil

Re: Marine Creek Reservoir??? Advice - 06/16/20 02:47 AM

You could take your son to bear creek park or the pond behind the town hall. Both of these are in Keller if you're not familiar with the area yet. I have caught bass behind town hall. they stock small trout a couple times in the winter in bear creek pond. Another good pond to catch bass in is Capp Smith park in Watauga off of 377 by the Watauga police station. I would go here first. I usually have pretty good luck for a city pond.
Posted By: G Love

Re: Marine Creek Reservoir??? Advice - 06/16/20 02:57 PM

Never bass fished it. I'd like to though. Back in 2013-2014 we were filming a segment for a show, bowfishing out there. Why they wanted to go to Marine Creek, I have no idea, but that's where they wanted to go. Wasn't even that good- anyway.. Up in the back of that slough by the ramp, we saw what had to be a 12lb'r. I mean an absolute unit of a fish. Monster. Always wanted to go back and fish it. Never did.
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: Marine Creek Reservoir??? Advice - 06/16/20 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by G Love
Never bass fished it. I'd like to though. Back in 2013-2014 we were filming a segment for a show, bowfishing out there. Why they wanted to go to Marine Creek, I have no idea, but that's where they wanted to go. Wasn't even that good- anyway.. Up in the back of that slough by the ramp, we saw what had to be a 12lb'r. I mean an absolute unit of a fish. Monster. Always wanted to go back and fish it. Never did.

last couple years a couple 13lb bass have been caught and shared to lunker program. But top water right as sun comes up on the edges. Then work deeper as day gets hotter. Crankbaits, Worms, jigs, spinner baits, They will all catch you bass there.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Marine Creek Reservoir??? Advice - 06/17/20 02:19 PM

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/marine_creek/structure.phtml

Try around here,... fish
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Marine Creek Reservoir??? Advice - 06/22/20 04:18 PM

I fish out there once or twice a week. Normally I catch my bass between the hydrillia and shore vegetation. A drop shot with a small zoom finesse worm in watermelon red with the tail dipped does the trick. I've never been skunked out there, and most days catch about 2 fish an hour. A weightless fluke works great out there too. If you look at the link posted above just north and west about 50' from the marker buoy 1 there is an off shore hump which will produce. If you need any more help PM me and I'll give you all I got.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum