Texas Fishing Forum

What is on your boat every trip?

Posted By: ReelSlow

What is on your boat every trip? - 05/29/20 01:57 PM

Large forward box. PDFs , first aid kit, tools, fuses, elect tape, zip ties etc, spare change of clothes, shoes. rain gear, flares, flashlight, fresh water, canned tuna . and anything else I can cram in there before I launch. It holds my HELIX 12 which I mount once underway.

Anchor locker, holds TM foot pedal, anchor , Mooring lines, dock lines, dock bumpers, 16" pruning shears to cut out snagged baits above and right below the surface. There is one under a tree in Wolf Creek. Reminds me I need a tether for the new one.

I select all my tackle for each trip and put it in the boat the night before a trip

I always pack a day bag with food, spare hat, sunscreen, fishing gloves, spare shirt, and waterproof bag for phone and external battery pack, wallet and keys. Hand Gun choice of the day.
Posted By: Fishin'Mark

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/29/20 04:02 PM

The key, if I'm not an idiot on that particular day. Some days are better than others.

First aid kit, sunscreen, dry socks, rain gear, and baby wipes and a gallon ziplock (The last two are for after the coffee has done its thing..)
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/29/20 04:41 PM

My boat already has everything I need. I just put drinks, snacks, and ice in the cooler.
Posted By: Len B 1

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/29/20 04:51 PM

All the above and probably more than I need & me.

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/29/20 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut
My boat already has everything I need. I just put drinks, snacks, and ice in the cooler.

The "everything I need" is the question here. Some free wheel it and hope for the best and some prepare for the worst, and most of us are somewhere in between.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/30/20 01:41 AM

My boat always has...

24 combos, 6cu ft of plastics, a dozen or so 3700’s worth of plugs, jigs, frogs, and terminal tackle, tackle organizer that holds 100 spinner boats/chatter baits/buzzbaits under the rod locker door, line spool station with a spool of InvisX in 15lb, 17lb, and 20lb, a 24” check-it stick, small tool bag with reel servicing stuff, two PFD’s, a throwable, six marker bouys, Spare Ultrex prop, nut, pin and 9/16th socket, cull beam, scale, cull rings, 3 line clippers, 3 fiskar scissors, usb cable for an iPhone, bug spray, sun block, spare remotes for the poles and Ultrex, long and short dock rope, fire extinguisher, a 12 pack of diet cokes, and a pack of Hostess Zingers.

May add a BPS 100 suit as needed, drift paddles, motorcycle helmet, extra gloves, and extra sunglasses depending on time of year and weather.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/30/20 01:46 AM

Spare drainplug. Everything else is optional.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/30/20 01:57 AM

tp
Posted By: Piscivore

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/30/20 04:08 AM

Way more than I need. The downside to having a lot of storage space if you don't use it wisely.

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/30/20 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
My boat always has...

a pack of Hostess Zingers.

Now we know. banana
Posted By: catcrew68

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/30/20 01:20 PM

Its obvious most of you guys have a bigger boat than I do! (16 foot Lowe)
I'm good with the life vest, a cooler full of of cold water, and a few snacks.
I'm jealous of the bigger boats but my garage just won't handle it.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/30/20 01:47 PM

17' Tracker - I keep my boat at a marina so this is the stuff I leave on

Upfront: Jumper cables, small toolbox (with 2 or 3 extra drain plugs), spare trolling motor props, extra oil, anchor, ropes, Fuel treatment
Under Seats: Life jackets, sweatshirt, tee shirt, gloves, face warmer, knit hat, water proof box w/ chapstick and little stuff, first aid kit
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/30/20 07:35 PM

I went from a 21 foot bass boat this year to a 20 foot center console. Storage was cut 80%! TP was one of the first things to go in. I have a 70 plus quart ice chest under the leaning post that carries tools and life jackets. I went from 22 combos to 8 max. Tackle wise i cut it down abunch.

Did I mention TP?
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/30/20 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Skeeter_Ed
I went from a 21 foot bass boat this year to a 20 foot center console. Storage was cut 80%! TP was one of the first things to go in. I have a 70 plus quart ice chest under the leaning post that carries tools and life jackets. I went from 22 combos to 8 max. Tackle wise i cut it down abunch.

Did I mention TP?

I went from a 21' bass boat to a 22' bay boat. Gained storage space.
Posted By: trackerman.

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/31/20 03:02 AM

Most all of the above, plus me.!!! Water, drinks, something to snack on when the fish ain't cooperating.
Posted By: Kevin R.

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/31/20 11:37 AM

I carry most of the above but also make sure I have spare batteries for trolling motor foot pedal and shear pins for the trolling motor prop. I fish alot of timber and have busted that pin before.

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/31/20 01:06 PM

Was thinking about things other than tackle. Anyone NOT have an anchor on board?

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/31/20 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Did I mention TP?

I needed it to fit in the garage!!! I'm adjusting slowly.

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 05/31/20 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by ReelSlow
Was thinking about things other than tackle. Anyone NOT have an anchor on board?

No anchor here. But one thing I thought about is a jump box, I keep one in the console just in case.
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/01/20 12:31 AM

Red Wigglers, Topo Chico, and dried sausage link from Granzin's Market in New Braunfels.

I do NOT carry an anchor on board any more. Spot Lock only. I do have one in my pick up if it goes on the fritz. 3 years. Not yet.

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/01/20 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by doctorxring

Red Wigglers, Topo Chico, and dried sausage link from Granzin's Market in New Braunfels.

I do NOT carry an anchor on board any more. Spot Lock only. I do have one in my pick up if it goes on the fritz. 3 years. Not yet.

I guess spot lock or any trolling motor will hold you until the battery is dead if the big motor quits. I just want to be able to anchor in case my big motor quits and wait for help if I am in an area of the lake that I might drift into rocks or other precarious situations. I do suppose the odds that my big motor quit AND I did not have enough battery power to troll back to the ramp is slim. Peace of mind vs weight slowing me down and burning fuel.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/02/20 01:28 PM

Motor
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/02/20 02:43 PM

A very,very sharp heavy duty pair of diagonal cutters...
Speaking from experience.... thumb
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/02/20 03:01 PM

an empty livewell
Posted By: COFF

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/02/20 03:06 PM

Plenty of spare rope. At least 2 or 3 10' coils to tie off onto a dock or tree, and then a 20'+ coil in case you have to get fancy. And yes I am aware many bass boats have those fancy retractable tie offs built into the gunnels. But those are limited to use on a close dock with good cleats.

Guys with newer boats usually don't think about what they may need if they break down.
Posted By: TomRom

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/02/20 03:12 PM

Viena Sausages. If you ain't got um its not fishing.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/02/20 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Did I mention TP?

I needed it to fit in the garage!!! I'm adjusting slowly.

Yeah that my problem with mine. Left it in the driveway for the first year I owned it then mama complained it looks ugly there and said get a storage unit. Now shes complaining that storage cost $190 a month. I suggested we sell it and get a smaller boat. She said no she likes this one. I'm so confused
Posted By: snake oil

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/02/20 07:50 PM

Beer.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/03/20 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
My boat always has...

a pack of Hostess Zingers.

Now we know. banana

Like that, eh? Lol
Posted By: Pitdad

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/06/20 02:28 AM

Toilet paper and cigars...

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/06/20 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by JIM SR.

THIS ^^ thanks for the reminder, anyone that fishes should have one

AND KEEP IT HANDY, don't get caught trying to dig it out of the bottom of your storage compartment while you are attached to a fish and a hook.

AND watch a couple videos on Tube "how to remove a hook from your finger" keep a piece of heavy braid handy for the process

plus a well thought out first air kit.

My nephew caught a 15# Drum on Ray Rob yesterday on a crankbait, then got a hook deep in his thumb. Had a hook in the fish, a hook in his thumb and a hook in the net. It was a cluster. If he had been by himself it would not have been pretty trying to get that fish off the hook while he was hooked. Trying to drive a boat with a hook in you attached to a fish is not going to be a pleasant experience.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/07/20 07:34 AM

I started doing that in the late 1980s after getting two barbs of a rattletrap hook buried to the hilt in my forearm.
Posted By: Mo

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/09/20 08:54 PM

My nephew caught a 15# Drum on Ray Rob yesterday on a crankbait, then got a hook deep in his thumb. Had a hook in the fish, a hook in his thumb and a hook in the net. It was a cluster. If he had been by himself it would not have been pretty trying to get that fish off the hook while he was hooked. Trying to drive a boat with a hook in you attached to a fish is not going to be a pleasant experience.

Boga grips for big fish

MO
Posted By: greenen

Re: What is on your boat every trip? - 06/12/20 02:41 PM

THIS ^^ thanks for the reminder, anyone that fishes should have one

AND KEEP IT HANDY, don't get caught trying to dig it out of the bottom of your storage compartment while you are attached to a fish and a hook.

AND watch a couple videos on Tube "how to remove a hook from your finger" keep a piece of heavy braid handy for the process

plus a well thought out first air kit.

Yep and make sure they're big enough to cut a big crankbait hook with one hand if you're by yourself...…….also speaking from experience.
No anchor but do have a portable jump unit.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum