Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Grapevine

Posted By: topconmm

Lake Grapevine - 05/14/20 01:14 PM

Can anyone give a general rundown of what areas of the lake is or is not safe to run. I unload at Twin Coves. Not looking for fishing info,Just Do not want to hit something. I am clear on swing wide on points, just curious if it has trees etc...
Posted By: cwil

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/15/20 08:18 AM

Once you leave twin coves you can run pretty much anywhere in the lake. Trees are only on the very north end and if you swing wide on points you will be clear of some shallow rocks.
Posted By: topconmm

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/15/20 01:10 PM

Ok thank you. I have always ran towards Dam, Just didnt know about going the other way
Posted By: jpalmer79

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/15/20 04:32 PM

Clear running all the way up to the Trophy Club "beach" ... The only random shallow water I've come across is on the opposide side from Twin Coves at Meadowmere... that last point before the main lake has a big shallow hump. Great for fishing at... not so good for running.
Posted By: Searsay

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/15/20 04:44 PM

biggest thing about grapevine is the changing water level - it has one of the larger "variance" levels of the DFW area lakes. Just this year it has been over 12' over pool already - and most years you'll see a 10-20' variance between high and low water levels - that changes what is safe running to not safe and vice versa.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/15/20 09:19 PM

I heard Twin Coves Park should re-open on Monday May 18. The Army Corp. of Engineers is draining the lake fast. It is only 0.7 feet above conservation pool. That may change with the rain expected tonight and tomorrow.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/16/20 05:55 PM

Twin Coves Park and boat ramp opened up last weekend. I'm not for sure if the cabins or overnight RVing are open yet. Maybe that stuff opens on Monday.
Posted By: StriperSlayer18

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/19/20 02:40 AM

Up towards Denton creek is pretty clear if your familiar with the area and stick to the channel
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum