Texas Fishing Forum

Who here fishes lake Arlington?

Posted By: Bentman63

Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/08/20 05:06 PM

I saw some boats going out after dark. Are yall crappie or catfishing.?
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/08/20 05:34 PM

Look in fishing report. I’ve been trying to update it every time I go out there. It’s been hard lately for bass. I’ve been catching everything but bass. I talked to a crappie guy and he uses net to catch some bait and fishes for crappie by the dam. Catfish are up shallow breeding right now.

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/08/20 05:39 PM

I was just kinda wondering what the fisherman were doing at night. I was leaving after dark and some boats were just putting in
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/08/20 06:25 PM

I'm struggling on bass there so much I may not go back until fall.

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/08/20 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bentman63
I was just kinda wondering what the fisherman were doing at night. I was leaving after dark and some boats were just putting in

They do a working mans tournament on Wednesday or Thursday. I ran into the guy that runs it a couple weeks back and he told me I should join. I just dont have time after work. He said theres a Facebook page about it.

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/08/20 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by 4Weight

I agree man. I Think I'm about to that point but I might give it one more go this weekend. I've marked a lot of good structure off shore that I want to try but it was to windy for me last week.

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/08/20 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Burbarry

I agree man. I Think I'm about to that point but I might give it one more go this weekend. I've marked a lot of good structure off shore that I want to try but it was to windy for me last week.

And there have been skiers lately. They are so annoying on a small lake

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/08/20 07:16 PM

And there have been skiers lately. They are so annoying on a small lake

Yes, last Sunday they were out all over. Had one follow me as I think he wanted to see where I was going. I got him to follow me up into the creek where it get about 2 feet deep. He got stuck as I continued to keep going around the corner. As I was coming out. I saw him and his wife still paddling out of the area. He did have some fishing gear and I think he was trying to find spots to fish and followed me. There has been more jet skis out there lately as well. I think they're worse as they don't understand casting range. I've came close to casting a big weight at one of the jet skis that kept flying by as I was casting to shore on a point.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/08/20 07:33 PM

Haven't fished it in years.....used to catch some biggens in there, though.

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/10/20 02:49 PM

I went yesterday. I boated 6 keeper crappie. 1 yellow cat and a turtle. I was as by the creek area. The main lake was skiers , hot rods and jet skies. I was going to side scan the main lake but gave up.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/10/20 02:57 PM

Good news on the crappie not so much for all the wave runners etc.

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/10/20 09:51 PM

I also misread the sign at the Richard Simpson boat ramp and got a ticket.

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/10/20 11:55 PM

Ticket for what? Drinking?
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/11/20 12:04 AM

fish it almost daily but it is always it or miss. gotta wait for the dog days of summer when its 100+ for that place to get good.

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/11/20 12:33 AM

The sign at the boat ramp parking lot said parking for boat trailers and it also said handicapped parking. I parked a little over in the handicapped parking. I have to go to court. The ticket was in my wife's name. Maybe she can just sit in jail a few days. Lol

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/11/20 12:46 AM

The sign at the boat ramp parking lot said parking for boat trailers and it also said handicapped parking. I parked a little over in the handicapped parking. I have to go to court. The ticket was in my wife's name. Maybe she can just sit in jail a few days. Lol

LOL sorry honey I will be at the lake fishing thinking about you.
Posted By: SpankyMcbee

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/11/20 06:30 PM

I would love to figure this lake out!
Posted By: cellis

Re: Who here fishes lake Arlington? - 05/11/20 07:46 PM

[Linked Image]
I crappie fish at Lake Arlington a fair amount of times each year. I started Saturday morning at 7, had a limit at 10:30, fished on until 11, then went home to clean fish. Like other lakes, it can fish better during different seasons. May and June are usually pretty good there for crappie.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum