Texas Fishing Forum

Thumper motor

Posted By: gborg

Thumper motor - 05/01/20 12:22 PM

I have a home made thumper. The motor continues to burn up. The thumper is set for @ 85 thumps per minute, so the frequency is not too high. Any and all answers are greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Bucketlist

Re: Thumper motor - 05/03/20 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by gborg
I have a home made thumper. The motor continues to burn up. The thumper is set for @ 85 thumps per minute, so the frequency is not too high. Any and all answers are greatly appreciated.

Don't know how yours is designed but I used this motor in mine and have had good luck with it.
http://www.monsterguts.com/store/product.php?productid=17685&cat=3&page=1
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Thumper motor - 05/06/20 04:47 PM

I've been using a car windshield wiper motor and it's running fine. Mine is one speed which is fast. Direct hooked to a lawn mower battery with inline fuse. Not sure what is your design. Anyway you.can take the pictures?
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Thumper motor - 05/10/20 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by gborg

Not sure which motor you use, but it needs to be a high torque motor with a controller that won't starve it for current. windshield wiper would work, and so would carseat motors. I have some videos on mine, just type in "fishing thumper" and you'll see some of my (SkunkedAgain) videos.
Tim
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum