Texas Fishing Forum

Juniper point on Texoma?

Posted By: Kevin R.

Juniper point on Texoma? - 04/08/20 03:21 PM

Does anyone know if these ramps are open? I can't get ahold of anyone on the phone listed for the park. I want to try this area of the lake and this looks like a good ramp.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Juniper point on Texoma? - 04/08/20 03:26 PM

If you go up there this time of year, you should go over to the Okie side and fish along fobb bottom. Normally this time of year there are dozens of people fishing there because white bass and crappie are thick along the shore.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Juniper point on Texoma? - 04/08/20 03:36 PM

No idea about that ramp specifically but most on the Texas side except for Eisenhower have remained open.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Juniper point on Texoma? - 04/09/20 12:33 AM

It is a very good ramp. Maybe a little steep with limited parking and beaching area. I have not used it in quite a while. They may have put a dock in. When I launched on that end of the lake I used Cedar Bayou a lot. There is also a little park to the west. Other than beaching area Juniper West is exposed to north wind.

Re: Juniper point on Texoma? - 04/09/20 11:59 AM

Thanks for the info guys!
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Juniper point on Texoma? - 04/09/20 02:55 PM

https://www.swt.usace.army.mil/Portals/41/Texoma_4-08-20.pdf
Probably not going to like the water color on that end of the lake right now.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Juniper point on Texoma? - 04/09/20 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
https://www.swt.usace.army.mil/Portals/41/Texoma_4-08-20.pdf
Probably not going to like the water color on that end of the lake right now.

yep, probably looks like a chocolate shake with some orange food coloring

Re: Juniper point on Texoma? - 04/11/20 12:08 AM

I drove up there today to check it out. The ramp is open, it is steep! They do have a dock there and it was busy but had parking left. The lake was pretty brown around there. May have to go up there and see if I can find some stripers and crappie.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum