Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Ray Roberts

Posted By: Bassgetter

Lake Ray Roberts - 04/07/20 07:34 PM

Since the state parks are closed,, are there any public boat ramps that are open to get on the lake?
I called Ray Roberts Marina and they are closed.
Posted By: megabucks461

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 04/07/20 08:01 PM

No I talked to Johnson Branch and Isle Dubois and was told the same thing. Because all ramps are on state park property all ramps will be closed. There are no private ramps on Roberts. Not sure this was taken into account when they decided to close state parks
Posted By: aubreyfish

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 04/07/20 10:45 PM

The marina has a private ramp, but it is closed. I sent an e-mail to the governor, my state rep (Jared Patterson if you live near the lake) and the Executive Director at TPWD. They've effectively shut down the lake, not to mention guides, people that depend on it for food, etc. Unbelievable, really. I get shutting down camping and the big parts of the park because maybe people were being idiots, although I have been out at Isle du Bois a number of times since this began, and seen nothing out of the ordinary. But shutting down boat ramps? Bureaucrats throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Posted By: Curtis L

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 04/08/20 08:27 PM

Jordan boat ramp was open today, I was there
Posted By: megabucks461

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 04/08/20 09:05 PM

The Sanger ramp was open also. I talked to a park employee at Jordon he told me the mayor of Pilot Point called BS on closing the ramp and essentially the lake. He told park superintendent, mayor, and Austin were meeting this afternoon to decide what will happen.
Posted By: JohnnyCakes

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 04/08/20 10:32 PM

I agree totally

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 04/13/20 09:15 PM

I understand that Jordon Park and Sanger park are both now open. I have never used either ramp/park. Is there someone there to take the launch fee?
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 04/13/20 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bassgetter
I understand that Jordon Park and Sanger park are both now open. I have never used either ramp/park. Is there someone there to take the launch fee?
You have to pay online to TPWD.

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 04/13/20 09:32 PM

thanks for the info.. i'm glad they open her back up.
Posted By: toofy

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 04/15/20 11:50 PM

Any updates on this to confirm which ramps are open?
Posted By: MikeAllison66

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 04/16/20 01:44 PM

Launched at Jordan yesterday.
Posted By: rlfisher

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 04/16/20 03:03 PM

Sanger ramp and Jordan are open
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum