Texas Fishing Forum

Shelter in place orders

Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Shelter in place orders - 03/24/20 07:46 PM

Fishing should be ok, right?
Posted By: slotlimit

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/24/20 07:51 PM

I assume so I we shelter in place on our boats.
Posted By: Flags

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/24/20 09:56 PM

It is pretty much impossible to get within 6 feet of someone when you fish in a float tube like I do.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/24/20 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Flags
It is pretty much impossible to get within 6 feet of someone when you fish in a float tube like I do.

Really? Have you ever fished Conroe?????
Posted By: rwb9043

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/24/20 10:37 PM

I was wondering the same... anyone been stopped pulling a boat down the hiighway?
Posted By: megabucks461

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/24/20 11:21 PM

Tried to call Ray Roberts state park to ask if all lake access is closed due to shelter in place but no answer at either park.
Posted By: Darin Y

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/25/20 03:15 PM

I saw a order in my area was sedentary recreation activity allowed, I took that as actively that does not include a gathering of others.
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/25/20 03:34 PM

TP&W posted on Facebook that all game and fish laws are still in effect and shelter in place regulations.

‪Hunting and fishing regulations have not changed based on #COVID19, in addition to following all seasons, bag limits and applicable regulations, you also need to follow any local regulations that may have you shelter in place.‬
Posted By: Lone Ranger

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/25/20 04:58 PM

I have contacted a local game warden for the Dallas area and he said as far as the Game Wardens are concerned they would not stop you from going to the lake but he couldn't speak for other law enforcement agencies. I am trying to find out if I can take my boat from Irving, which is Dallas county to Cedar Creek Lake to fish there. I have tried to contact Judge Clay Jenkins office but of course you can't get anyone there but voice mails. Any idea how I can find out if we can go to a lake in another county or not? Please help!!!
Posted By: SeanV14

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/25/20 05:05 PM

Just go fishing.

sb
Posted By: tugboattim

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/25/20 05:07 PM

I am wanting to drive from Tarrant county to Lake Fork this weekend abut not sure if I am allowed to drive there or get pulled over for traveling through Tarrant and Dallas county.

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/25/20 05:27 PM

Make sure you get your traveling papers from the Kremlin....oh wait, we aren't in Soviet Russia.

[Linked Image]

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/25/20 05:44 PM

YET.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TxGrin

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/25/20 09:22 PM

You are allowed to goto the lake and fish provided you keep the 6 foot rule.[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lone Ranger

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/25/20 11:25 PM

I wish this was the case in Dallas county, but Dallas county does not have fishing or golfing listed as approved activities. I don't golf, but golf courses are closed.

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/25/20 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
I wish this was the case in Dallas county, but Dallas county does not have fishing or golfing listed as approved activities. I don't golf, but golf courses are closed.

So?

Does the guvmint permit you to go outside? Unless FISHING is expressly forbidden in the order from the MAN, go fish. IF you want to....

sb
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/26/20 12:01 AM

You cant say I was going to the grocery store if you are pulling a boat behind you
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/26/20 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by megabucks461
Tried to call Ray Roberts state park to ask if all lake access is closed due to shelter in place but no answer at either park.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/parks-map
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/26/20 12:48 AM

Fishing is an outdoor activity.
Outdoor activities are encouraged, as long as you are practicing social distancing.
It's not that complicated.
You don't need a comprehensive list of approved activities.
We aren't living in a police state, just an ordinance to keep people spread apart far enough to preclude the spread of an infectious disease.
You aren't going to be arrested or ticketed for fishing, unless you are violating some other law.

The fear mongering I've seen on here has been extremely troubling.

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/26/20 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lee Finlay

It's not that complicated.

The fear mongering I've seen on here has been extremely troubling.

I hope you don't think I have been fear mongering....I have made quite a few tongue-in-cheek posts about the over-reach of the authorities. I guess the point I was trying to make was go out and fish. Hopefully this is as bad as it gets.

I was actually really upset about Amistad closing the ramps, it is the only lake I can get to in an hour or less from here.....& I finally caught fish. Grrr.

Promise I am not at home wringing my hands over this deal, but I am a little pissed about the panic button being pushed by the elected officials. I don't think they read the guidelines from the CDC :https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/guidance-for-schools.html

Anyway. I am going fishing Fri Sat and Sun. I would have gone today if I had access to Amistad.....Grrr.

sb
Posted By: Tc24

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/26/20 01:08 AM

I'm planning to fish at Ray Hubbard tomorrow.... smile
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/26/20 12:06 PM

It doesn't need to be listed. Those are just examples. You can go fishing
Posted By: Kevin R.

Re: Shelter in place orders - 03/26/20 01:29 PM

The post Denton County put out on face book listed hunting, fishing and golf as outdoor activities that can be done.
Posted By: Diesel Doctor

Re: Shelter in place orders - 04/18/20 02:48 PM

I stopped an officer in Denton Co. and asked. He said OK as long as only you or family in boat,
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum