Texas Fishing Forum

Lower Devils River

Posted By: Jon

Lower Devils River - 03/06/20 08:33 PM

Heading down this afternoon with 3 boats and 7 guys for 4 nights of camping and fishing. Not sure what to expect but hopefully a good time - sone fried fish and not getting the tents blown down.Putting in at Rough Canyon and going upstream hopefully to try and set up tents some where around Indian Spring but not totally sure. I have never been to this part of the Devils before. Did a kayak thing at Bakers Crossing 7 ot 8 years ago but thats a whole different deal. Last year went to the Pecos snd we hit a pretty good white bass run once we switched to 4 lb line the bite was on. Any tips are appreciated but probably spotty to none cell signal down in that canyon.

Re: Lower Devils River - 03/07/20 12:50 PM

Day 1 report: raining.
Slept in the truck last night on the ramp rather than run up the river in the dark looking for an unknown camp.
2/3 of our group got here early enough yesterday evening to get up the river and find a camp site. Hope they got the tents all up and dried in!

Set the little buddy heater up front on the console and pilot only kept the truck real comfortable. Reclined the seats all the way back and slept like babies.
Woke up about 5 to the sound of rain on the truck and discovered i’d left the freakin key on so dead battery!
Beautiful, big effing beautiful.

Now the good news - TTZ is having a tournament today and the first team down the ramp had cables and was happy to jump us off. Hope those guys get a check and win Big bass too!! Going to let this truck charge up and then wait for the rain to quit or it gets light enough to see whichever comes first.

I got one bar of LTE up here on this hill but i bet that goes away soon as hit the water. Will let y’all know later if we do have a signal. More news to follow - maybe....
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Lower Devils River - 03/07/20 07:15 PM

Good luck guys! fish

Re: Lower Devils River - 03/11/20 05:38 AM

Thanks.
Fishing kind of tough - windy as all get out up till Monday.
Managed enough to have a pig out fish fry each day. Multispecies thing. Stripers put up
A helluva fight on light tackle. Rained a little but nothing bad at all and no lightning.
All in all a good trip and everyone had fun!! Just got back this evening.
Posted By: SeanV14

Re: Lower Devils River - 03/11/20 02:18 PM

Good job. I have never caught a fish there.

sb
Posted By: RZ520

Re: Lower Devils River - 03/15/20 12:45 AM

Good luck
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum