Texas Fishing Forum

Stillhouse ramps

Posted By: Blue Devil 7

Stillhouse ramps - 03/04/20 03:57 PM

I've never fished Stillhouse, but was thinking about giving it a try on Sunday. Coming from Austin, so looking at the ramps on the south side. Which is better to launch from, River's bend or Union Grove? Which has better parking, and are the docks in the water or is the lake too low?
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Stillhouse ramps - 03/04/20 04:02 PM

Rivers bend is free entry, and your launching towards the north west. Union Grove is state pass, and faces south east.

Both have good parking, with UG having more, and docks are good thumb

Re: Stillhouse ramps - 03/04/20 07:48 PM

Great. Thanks for the intel!
Posted By: FishTheBite

Re: Stillhouse ramps - 03/04/20 08:40 PM

Dock at Rivers Bend has been out of the water since the last flood. I mean way out of the water. It will need serious repair and a crane to put it back.

Not trying to step on toes TreeBass. I just have a compulsive and probably dysfunctional relationship with Stillhouse.

I will also warn you that if the wind is from the west or the north Rivers Bend will be tough to trailer at. I put in at Rivers Bend on a southerly wind and Union Grove on a northerly wind. I would also recommend watching out for any predicted shift in the wind. Union Grove is good under any reasonable conditions.

Re: Stillhouse ramps - 03/04/20 09:00 PM

Good info. Sounds like Union Grove is the better choice since I do want a usable courtesy dock. Sunday should be winds out of the SSE up to 15mph. Those are usually fun conditions to trailer in no matter what. shocked
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum