Texas Fishing Forum

Shady Ray's Sunglasses

Posted By: lonestar

Shady Ray's Sunglasses - 02/13/20 06:18 PM

I promise this is not an ad by me! Pure curiosity! After I read it in preview, it kind of looks like it.

I saw the other thread about sunglasses for fishing and did not want to highjack with this. I have been seeing ads for Shady Ray's pop up on different social media and finally took a look. Seems to be a pretty good price for some Ray Ban knock offs, but, they have a variety of styles and include a way to order Rx. Has anyone tried them? I just order a pair with my Rx. I'll let you know my thoughts when I get them. If these have come up on here before, sorry! I didn't do a search.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Shady Ray,s Sunglasses - 02/14/20 04:40 AM

Shady Ray's are decent sunglasses for the price. I have a couple pair- 1 in the boat in case I forget my Costas and 1 in the truck that I use for driving. Lightweight and if you break em they replace em(if I remember right). The green mirror lens is pretty good and I've been glad to have em the few times I've left the Costas at the house!
Posted By: Tanner101

Re: Shady Ray,s Sunglasses - 02/15/20 05:25 PM

I have a couple of pair. I like them. FYI there's coupon codes out there for buy one get one free from their site.

Code VIP378 is what I used. Worked for 50% off this past October

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lonestar

Re: Shady Ray,s Sunglasses - 02/19/20 05:53 PM

I have received my glasses. So far, the plus is I can see well with them, they are progressive lenses (prescription) and I am able to read and tie a hook on with them, they are light weight (plastic). Decent price for prescription, progressive, polarized. Others I have priced have been $300-$700 for that combination. I have the dark gray, polarized. The minus, they feel very cheap like gas station glasses. I'll wear them a while and see how they hold up.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Shady Ray,s Sunglasses - 02/19/20 06:23 PM

Nice! Let us know how they do!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum