Texas Fishing Forum

Yellow Bass in Alan Henry

Posted By: trapperben

Yellow Bass in Alan Henry - 01/24/20 09:39 PM

know nothing about them. Are they a school fish? I now they are not a popular target fish due to their small size. Does anyone fish for them in Alan Henry?
Posted By: ebl

Re: Yellow Bass in Alan Henry - 01/24/20 10:01 PM

tHEY WILL RESTORE YOU FAITH IN YOUR FISHING SKILLS AND AT SAME TIME GIVE YOU A BIT OF A FIGHT AND ARE GGOOD AT THE TABLE
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Yellow Bass in Alan Henry - 01/25/20 12:38 AM

Yes, they school and they can be eaten. A 1-pound yellow bass would be a BIG one. I have never caught one by hook. I have caught lots of them in cast nets in the past.
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: Yellow Bass in Alan Henry - 01/25/20 03:21 PM

Put 1/2 minnow on a small hook and you'll catch as many as you want.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Yellow Bass in Alan Henry - 01/27/20 02:18 AM

They really like earhworms. There is no minimum size or bag limit. They are a gamefish in Texas. They will hybridize with white bass.
Posted By: trapperben

Re: Yellow Bass in Alan Henry - 01/27/20 03:57 AM

Most fish in AH are under consumption advisory except for bream and yellow bass. Have a week off and the.thought I might try. Appreciate the bait advice.Would they be in deeper water or where might I look for them?
Posted By: Jig-N-Spoon

Re: Yellow Bass in Alan Henry - 01/27/20 05:28 PM

Having extensively fished Alan Henry for the last 20 years I have never caught nor heard of anyone else catching yellow bass at AH. I don't think they or sand bass are in there. Spotted bass are a different story. It is overwhelmed with them. My .02 cents, 'spoon
Posted By: wtxbasskiller

Re: Yellow Bass in Alan Henry - 01/27/20 06:15 PM

Agree with Jig....there are no yellow bass in Alan Henry.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum